• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Just because someone posted them does that mean they have fallen off your list? It doesn't matter what has been posted or what grade they are in or what they are worth. Just what is important to YOU. Let's see 'em.

Good point. But there are quite a few that are very close to one another, so at this early stage of the thread I'm going to opt for ones that haven't been favorited by others.

If it was a clear cut top 5 book, I would disregard the fact that others had it in their top 5 as well :)

Edited by circumstances

I know you said no words, but these demand explanation:

1.   Batman 15 -- War cover with Batman and Robin manning a machine gun; awesome story where Catwoman falls in love with Bruce Wayne and Bruce spanks Robin (you owe it to yourself to check out this story, which can be seen in the Batman Archives books);   also has another great story where Batman and Robin get to see an alternate future where the Nazis and Japanese win WWII and Batman/Robin get gunned down by the Nazis.

2.   Batman 47 -- How  could you not keep the first detailed origin story where Batman finds his parents killers?;   plus another great Catwoman story called "Fashions in Crime"

3.   Superman 20 -- war cover;  the first Superman story contains a funny cameo appearance with Bruce Wayne and Grayson, which could be the first story where the three of them actually appeared together in a story after All Star Comics 7 from Oct-Nov 1941; also includes a letter column that talks about the employees of DC who went to serve in WWII;  a great war story featuring Hitler

4.   Superman 53 --  First detailed origin story showing the death of Superman's parents;  great ads giving you the sense of the times;  a story featuring "Superhombre"

5.    Detective 155 --  Mile High copy with very sharp black cover (one of my favorite covers) with a great Vickie Vale story to boot;  plus stories with Roy Raymond and Pow Wow-Smith, Indian Lawman

batman 18 andn 47.JPG

superman 20 and 53.JPG

TEC 155.JPG

Edited by Cpt Kirk