• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DETECTIVE COMICS #41 RECIL MACON COLLECTION

18 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

ugh...someone wrote their name on it...i'm out lol

Off topic here but in comics some of us like/tolerate date stamps or in this case the name since it's a pedigree. Even a name if not to overwhelming is mostly acceptable in our hobby on older comics and will not to much degree affect the final price.

But put a small set of initials or any mark let alone a name on a baseball card front or back and it's the equivalent of trimming a comic as far as price you would get.

BTW that is one cool comic.

I expect that one to go pretty high.  Although I do confess that at the moment anything over $5 is pretty high !

Our son is graduating in a week and we are also making college preparations.

Money is getting thrown at a lot of things !!

3 hours ago, mem72 said:

I expect that one to go pretty high.  Although I do confess that at the moment anything over $5 is pretty high !

Our son is graduating in a week and we are also making college preparations.

Money is getting thrown at a lot of things !!

I understand.  I would just like to see some more of your dad's books go home after such a long journey.  Thanks again for joining and sharing.  Good luck with all. 

15 hours ago, telerites said:
16 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

@OP

you are Recil Macon's son ?

He will probably see your question, Peter; but he started this thread where he shared he is the son and some other details

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/414155-planet-comics-53-recil-macon-pedigree/#comment-9745654

Thank you. :smile:

Will have some reading to do later on tonight.