• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is Spidey's #1 nemesis?
1 1

Who?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Among this gallery of villains...

• Dr. Octopus
    • Green Goblin
    • Kraven
    • Lizard
    • Venom
    • Vulture

46 posts in this topic

Benjamin Parker.  He will never defeat that ghost.

Besides that I would go with Venom.  The only reason he stands out from everybody else is that he's the first villain to up the violence (then Carnage took it to a whole new level).  I think there is a difference in the Spidey-verse once he was introduced (before Venom and after Venom).

For me it has to be the first Green Goblin, Norman Osborn. Arguments can be made for Doc Oct and Venom though.

Doc did try to marry Aunt May which is just on another level of messed up. Also mind swapped with Peter for a short while but I don't know how many people keep up with the craziness that is Marvel right now.

Venom always seemed to just have an edge on Spidey that brought a lot of fearsomeness to theirs battles. 

Edited by deadleg

3 hours ago, deadleg said:

Doc did try to marry Aunt May which is just on another level of messed up.

Gerry Conway's story was messed up.  Doc only did it to go black widower on her, get hold of a nuclear power plant she'd inherited and obtain some weapons-grade Plutonium from it.  :facepalm: :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Edited by Ken Aldred

23 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Gerry Conway's story was messed up.  Doc only did it to go black widower on her, get hold of a nuclear power plant she'd inherited and obtain some weapons-grade Plutonium from it.  :facepalm: :facepalm:  :facepalm:

All true. And yet I still like it ?

Just now, Marwood & I said:

All true. And yet I still like it ?

Just because a comics storyline happens to be completely insane, that alone should never stop you from enjoying it. (thumbsu

it's GG but there is an argument for Doc Ock just because the Goblin was dead so long.(especially as for how long people don't stay dead long in comics)

Plus to save Marvel from BK they had to bring Osborn back from the dead & save the mess that is the 90s Clone saga!

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Goblin and there is not even a close second place , didn't even need the poll to figure that one out

+1

These are my top Spidey villians.

1.Green Goblin

2. Doctor Octopus

3. Kraven The Hunter

4. Venom

5. The Jackal 

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I would gather to say that the Kingpin would be Spidey's 3rd most lethal enemy behind Gobby and Doc-Ock

I associate him more now with Daredevil.  

Still one of Spidey's most dangerous opponents, though.

For me it's Doc Ock.

Goblin #2,  J Jonah Jameson in #3 spot, though perhaps not as a villain but definitely as an arch-enemy...  After all,  JJJ was responsible for the Spider-Slayers, Scorpion, the Human Fly and other villains over the years.

Edited by Loki

20 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

My heart says Venom, but my brain says GG.  I voted Venom just to give him some love.  But really it's GG.   I've always thought Carnage was just someone's idea of a mashup between GG and Venom (shrug)

Jerome

I'm the opposite :) .  GG really fits Spider-Man better tonally, but Venom is definitely a deadlier foe, with the spider-sense blindness.  And he's a perversion of Spiderr-Man, kind of a mirror.

I agree Carnage is just doubly derivative.

Edited by SteppinRazor

8 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

I'm the opposite :) .  GG really fits Spider-Man better tonally, but Venom is definitely a deadlier foe, with the spider-sense blindness.  And he's a perversion of Spiderr-Man, kind of a mirror.

I agree Carnage is just doubly derivative.

Thats interesting, I can see where you are coming from hm 

Jerome