• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone bought from www.metropoliscomics.com
2 2

25 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, movieman said:

has anyone bought from www.metropoliscomics.com

if so how was the grading? was it accurate?

also did anyone submit books from them to cgc and was it roughly what the grade they said?

also has anyone from them to the uk if so how was packaging?

thanks guys

I have, and have sent a couple of their raw books down to CGC for grading.  For the most part, they're accurate.  In my experience, their grading is 1/2 grade high, compared with what CGC graded my books.  In one instance, metro was off on the grade by 1 1/2  (5.5 raw - CGC graded at 4.0).

4 hours ago, movieman said:

is that how long they take? that's extreme

That was about right for my recent purchase.  Bought a raw pedigree book from them, for which they included a COA.  I'll be submitting to CGC in the next few days, so we'll see how it turns out.

3 hours ago, Phicks1 said:

Metropolis' grading is extremely consistent with CGC.  They are a pleasure to order from.

If you factor in a press at your own cost, then their given grades are correct IMO

still they are one of the top mail order comic shops of them all !!

On 01/06/2017 at 5:03 PM, movieman said:

has anyone bought from www.metropoliscomics.com

if so how was the grading? was it accurate?

also did anyone submit books from them to cgc and was it roughly what the grade they said?

also has anyone from them to the uk if so how was packaging?

thanks guys

Bought many times from them over the years.

Grading good as everyone already stated.

I'm based in UK.  Packaging very good.  No damage.

They set up every year at London Super Comic Convention and will bring books to the con for you to check out.

On 2017-06-01 at 7:21 PM, Vince G said:

I have, and have sent a couple of their raw books down to CGC for grading.  For the most part, they're accurate.  In my experience, their grading is 1/2 grade high, compared with what CGC graded my books.  In one instance, metro was off on the grade by 1 1/2  (5.5 raw - CGC graded at 4.0).

That ain't good...did they offer any sort of refund?

Edited by pemart1966

On 6/6/2017 at 8:08 PM, pemart1966 said:

That ain't good...did they offer any sort of refund?

I didn't inquire.  It's essentially buyer beware on raw books, and I knew that going in.  Still, I was surprised at the 5.5 that got knocked down to a 4, but that was the only real surprise.  Most are accurate within 1/2 grade. 

On 6/8/2017 at 10:16 PM, 1950's war comics said:

I have bought and submitted to CGC around 40 comics from Metro and there is almost no chance that you will receive a comic from them that is under graded.

It actually happened to me once..... Once. It was an Action 76, metro grade was 6.75 (that's what they listed it at) and the CGC grade came back a 7.0. But with any raw book it's what you can't see that will cause grade differences. Inside cover tanning, stains, loose staples, etc.