• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating DavidtheDavid
1 1

318 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Smarty pants.

;)

Read it; I may have a career as a blood-sucke.. .er, lawyer after all!

And yes, this board is a pain to try and do all that.

I still haven't figured out the multi-quote function.

Click the top of the first post you want to quote, keep the mouse button down and drag down until you've selected everything you wanna quote.  Release the mouse button and a black box 'quote this' will pop up below

3 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

I would gladly buy the book back at a price that accounts for the price difference between an 8.5 and a 7.5 - Joey commented that there was a 1 point difference. My intent was always to buy back the book at that price point - but I needed to first make sure there's no additional damage to the book.

Funny, that's the first I've heard of it. I opened the door to talks, you slammed it shut.

I was at the Police Department. Now, as to everything else, please show this mysterious edit -and it's not a balk - it's more that I realized there's an hour time difference and my math in its submission and the post's content were too late to even get in what I wanted to say. You had already got it in the mail. What's funny is you were quicker on getting it out than reading the words "buy back". 

What's funny is that you did not introduce this "buy back" argument until well into this debacle.

DTD has this entire conversation failed to describe how it was received/ packaged and couldn't remember when asked.

You quoted me not remembering the state of the backing board. You're attempting to extrapolate that to how it was "received/packaged." See what I mean about critical reading? You either really are that incapable of reason or you really believe this web you've spun or you are deliberately attempting to equivocate on my comments to achieve what you want. None of those is particularly flattering of you.

Thanks to those who have proposed solutions. Repeating myself here, but I have no faith in this seller. It needs the third party arbitration of PayPal. Maxwell has the book, and I have yet to be refunded. Let's see if he will step up and do the right thing.

And really, I've indulged this thread far beyond what was prudent. Going to do my best to stay out of here.... :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: 

9 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Funny, that's the first I've heard of it. I opened the door to talks, you slammed it shut.

If you had not misinterpreted the buy back comment you would've understood. Then again, you didn't.

What's funny is that you did not introduce this "buy back" argument until well into this debacle.

No, I pointed out you didn't know how to read.

You quoted me not remembering the state of the backing board. You're attempting to extrapolate that to how it was "received/packaged." See what I mean about critical reading? You either really are that incapable of reason or you really believe this web you've spun or you are deliberately attempting to equivocate on my comments to achieve what you want. None of those is particularly flattering of you.

No room here. In the entire thread you've never discussed any of the packaging/ packing details and everyone knows it. Critical reading? Incapable of reason. You throw everything including old bath towels into your arguments but forget it's the facts that count.

Thanks to those who have proposed solutions. Repeating myself here, but I have no faith in this seller. It needs the third party arbitration of PayPal. Maxwell has the book, and I have yet to be refunded. Let's see if he will step up and do the right thing.

The Paypal dispute, which you opened, is what will determine who gets what. I can't help it if you can't accept the consequences of your behavior as well as accept the mistakes made by a remedial reading level. It's got to suck to be you.

And really, I've indulged this thread far beyond what was prudent. Going to do my best to stay out of here.... :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: 

Yes. As I. For amplification, its got to suck to be you.

4 minutes ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

The Paypal dispute, which you opened, is what will determine who gets what. I can't help it if you can't accept the consequences of your behavior as well as accept the mistakes made by a remedial reading level. It's got to suck to be you.

In that case, if Paypal sides with David then he will end up with a refund, and if you win the Paypal case we expect you would send him the book back.  I would hope you'd agree there is no end game where you get to keep the money and the book.

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

In that case, if Paypal sides with David then he will end up with a refund, and if you win the Paypal case we expect you would send him the book back.  I would hope you'd agree there is no end game where you get to keep the money and the book.

Never would behave that way.  In fact, we may need to find a courier to hand deliver it back to him so its verified - or Paypal gives him his money back.

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

1 minute ago, Mxwll Smrt said:
2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Never would behave that way.  In fact, we may need to find a courier to hand deliver it back to him so its verified - or Paypal gives him his money back.

(thumbsu

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Around and around we go.  

Wait till PayPal decides the case. Then we should see some fireworks 

speaking of which has anyone notified PayPal of this thread. Someone should send them a link so they can also chime in

8 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

The real victim here is the FF 211 ... she was content sitting in her CGC holder .. 

I thought the same thing. If only they left it in the case. 

16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Not meaning to put words in your mouth, but did you mean "that may be true for both parties involved, but which one will it will affect more will vary widely I'm sure for a variety of reasons."...?

lol No, but your interpretation could be true as well.  For example, some will not deal with David because of his failure to check book, the way PayPal was handled or a variety of reasons that are important to the individual.  Same with Maxwell. Some may not like the way it escalated so quickly while others may not mind it all.  These drawn out conflicts usually result in both parties taking some sort of reputation hit unless one or both of them extend olive branches or just figure out a resolution.

I hate to see it actually, because I get the impression that they are both telling the truth to the best of their knowledge about what happened to the book.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:07 PM, joeypost said:

Did you also like Pudding?

Pudding Pops....people can slip you something in the pudding cups too easily. (tsk)