• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

must have Psylocke books
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, D2 said:

10C16D95-DD42-4204-A06B-003EBB632E88.jpeg

I had more than one chance to pick this up, among other similar psylocke covers. I never heard of it was a good read, so I never picked it up. The one of the bunch that I FIF? Is something like a marvel legend or other action figure comic. doh!

They were all nice looking covers though, I'll give them that, and this was a couple.of.years ago. If I start playing a could have should have game, I will surely be taken aback 😂

On 1/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had more than one chance to pick this up, among other similar psylocke covers. I never heard of it was a good read, so I never picked it up. The one of the bunch that I FIF? Is something like a marvel legend or other action figure comic. doh!

They were all nice looking covers though, I'll give them that, and this was a couple.of.years ago. If I start playing a could have should have game, I will surely be taken aback 😂

So, it's a cool read. Essentially a psychedelic Bishop one-shot. When in reality it's actually part 5 of a 6 parter I believe.

The art is okay, but the coloring is a bit rough. Which is even more rough is that Ron Garney did the first 5 issues, so the poor artist had an uphill battle to start.

Not bad, but not a recommend, no. Readable for sure, and fun. That's it. I am a Manara fan, so the fact that the issue wasn't horrible is a bonus

On 1/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, djzombi said:

Well, that's certainly a sassy cover.  Right, smack in the middle of the cover...there it is.  

Honestly, even though we all know it’s a deliberately sexy cover. I still find it one of the best covers out there… in general. 

I don’t know why. I don’t know if it’s the sexiness, with the composition, the colouring… the fact that it’s still subtle but not… I’m enthralled by it 

On 1/26/2023 at 2:55 AM, IbukiLord said:

image.thumb.jpg.098a1851b817a97cd9b519b7ec0887d1.jpg

Which Psylocke issue is that on the lower left? Is it a variant to the limited series? Nevermind, I found it: it's the 2nd print to #1.

Harvey Tolibau's work is great. I had a really cool sketch cover from him years ago (It might have been Psylocke now that I think about it) and it was crazy detailed.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 1/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Which Psylocke issue is that on the lower left? Is it a variant to the limited series? Nevermind, I found it: it's the 2nd print to #1.

Harvey Tolibau's work is great. I had a really cool sketch cover from him years ago (It might have been Psylocke now that I think about it) and it was crazy detailed.

Apparently that 2nd print is rocketing in value?

As a side note, I do agree that Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force (vol. 1) is a quintessential read. 

Issues 1 - 35. 

The series does not focus solely on Psylocke, but is so well done that I feel it’s essential reading for each character on the team: Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel, and Fantomex. 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:06 PM, D2 said:

Apparently that 2nd print is rocketing in value?

It seems to be. There are BINs that are $200+, but it's selling on auction for $95-$120 - that's a pricey 2nd print, but...DAT COVER.

477.jpg.46a44dd0670e9be3cb06e4e6ff9ac2f5.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 11:44 AM, D2 said:

As a side note, I do agree that Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force (vol. 1) is a quintessential read. 

Issues 1 - 35. 

The series does not focus solely on Psylocke, but is so well done that I feel it’s essential reading for each character on the team: Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel, and Fantomex. 

This was a great run, great art as well from Jerome Opena. 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, maraxusofkeld said:

This was a great run, great art as well from Jerome Opena. 

Absolutely incredible. I really wish Opena stuck to the series, or at the very least, he worked on it, along side 1 other artist, like Ron Garney, and the 2 just swapped out in between story archs.

I think if they did this method, 1. artists wouldn’t burn out trying to make deadlines and 2. Readers would still get some kind of consistency, which Uncanny X-Force suffers from, which is disappointing because of how good it is.