• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,312 posts in this topic

Okay my take.... I’m glad I didn’t pay for this movie, not the worse hero film but totally forgettable in the long run. Wonder Woman gaining new abilities was amazing to see. Ending reminded me of Bruce almighty. She should have snapped lords neck and had the justice league fight her in WW3. Her relationship with Stevie was the best part of the film, so much so that I will start collecting golden age Wonder Woman comics, starting with Sensation.
My grade: C

30 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

You need to take it in context to the quote I cited:baiting: i.e. the Snyder Cut and all the excuses as to why JL was so bad.

Good Lord! Some of you are such MCU apostles you make it painful to attempt and enjoy anything else. Along with detracting from the MCU as it is assumed that's what many are like (and we aren't).

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Good Lord! Some of you are such MCU apostles you make it painful to attempt and enjoy anything else. Along with detracting from the MCU as it is assumed that's what many are like (and we aren't).

:facepalm:

:jokealert: It has nothing to do with DC VS Marvel movies in general. Man of Steel was a great movie. WB dropped the ball after that for my taste anyways. To my surprise I am very excited after seeing the new Batman trailer, I was worried about the Robert Pattinson casting but after seeing the trailer I hope I am wrong!

I'm disappointed with the reviews,  but I still plan to watch it tonight with an open mind. The comparisons to the Reeve Superman movies intrigues me, because I think they're the best Superhero movies. In my opinion, the only other films that equal them are Nolan's trilogy, Raimi's Spider-Man 2, and IW.

The problem for this movie is it is an average comic film, and expectations were set high after the first one. We watched it yesterday, and the four of us including two teens thought it was okay. Nowhere near as good as the movie, but not terrible either.

2 hours ago, vane said:

Also, there’s an ugly rumor that they might stop printing DC Comics entirely and go all digital. 

if so it is a great jumping off point as I have zero interest in buying digital comics. If I wanted digital comics I would already be buying them. 

2 hours ago, piper said:

It was unfortunately a letdown for me and my family especially after the first film.

It felt tonally wrong. Was it trying to be an 80’s satire? The way they resolved things at the end of the film just felt off.

The acting and Fx were solid. The screenplay was a hot mess. Aquaman was much better and I didn’t really like that film.

Missed opportunity... 2/5 :cry:

PS: In Canada, we were able to stream it on VOD for $30. I really regret the purchase.

This is disappointing.

I wish the people with the money to fund these movies would let people with great ideas make the films.

It sounds to me like this movie had to much upper tier manipulation which generally makes for terrible films.

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

You need to take it in context to the quote I cited:baiting: i.e. the Snyder Cut and all the excuses as to why JL was so bad.

I thought it was pretty apparent why JL was bad. Director left due to a family tragedy. I’m glad he was passionate enough about it to redo it. And hopefully it’s good. 

36 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

:jokealert: It has nothing to do with DC VS Marvel movies in general. Man of Steel was a great movie. WB dropped the ball after that for my taste anyways. To my surprise I am very excited after seeing the new Batman trailer, I was worried about the Robert Pattinson casting but after seeing the trailer I hope I am wrong!

Go for the big win. Tell a Martha joke. That'll be fresh. :baiting:

WB definitely has tampered with its own plans. To include trying to force an MCU-like approach versus just continuing with its own plans. But with the Snyder Cut backed by AT&T who overrode WB, time will tell what impact that will have on the DC film future.

I'll see WW84 for myself in a little while today. Hopefully I am not overly disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Over my head :roflmao:

Oh, I bet it isn't. :baiting:

The good thing is we have so much content still coming from so many studios (Disney, Sony, WB, etc.), a mediocre to bad film will come and go.