• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

Speaking of Ricksneatstuff... Here he is with my good buddy Bitteroldman and the fellow with a large fist of hundos that went away happy with my Fight Against Crime #20 (thanks Hap!) Sorry Rick, but I just couldn't go any lower on that one, private collection and you know how that goes with me. It did sell for full price to a happy collector later in the day who figured out that he would be looking for a long time for another one.

Ray is so far from a bitter old man as I could imagine. He had that poop eating grin on his face all day. He kept coming back and buying books all day. He mentioned he wanted a Jimmy Olsen #44 on the boards and low and behold, one popped out of my boxes for 1/2 guide and into his grubby little hands.

Funny how and LA Dodger and SF Giants fans could get along so well but we both love the sport! (and Crumb)

IMG_2142.jpg

Boardie n2wdw caught a red eye out here from the east coast just for this show. I think he didn't go home empty handed or unhappy. I almost had to get him a dolly to carry out his purchases from my booth. He came back and showed me a few of his big purchases. The one I remember the most is a killer copy of the Airboy with the "give your girl a whirl" bondage cover. Wow, just wow! I'm certian he will post it. Thanks for the business Mike and it was great geeking out with you!

IMG_2144.jpg

My good friend and local guy Jim Maley. Had a bunch of raw in a box $5. GA comics that I hit fast. Oh, no, they wern't all Disneys...He had a very nice presenting Batman #25 (black motorcycle cover) that wanted bad and would have bought but the spine was 3/4 split and he wanted a fortune for it. So I settled for a decent #34 (also motorcycle cover) for the third the price and went home a happy tin man.

IMG_2130.jpg

Another shot of Ricksneatstuff with a couple of purchases with ComicJack I believe. Sorry if I didn't get this one right. The day was a blurr. That Mystery Men was off the hook!

I suspect that we will see some of Rick's purchases up in a sales thread one of these days. But that's OK, Rick's always got an eye on the next "pretty" and it works out in all our favor when he does. Usually it's Comcav who comes out on top. But I have gotton lots of great deals from Rick. One of the best and most standup boardies here. Good meeting you boys!

IMG_2160.jpg

Jeff is a boardie from up in Washington. I forgot his board name.Always has just killer stuff and one of the best guys to deal with in the room. He picked up a copy of Frankenstein #1 that was the best copy I have ever seen. He was off the hook happy and I don't blame him. Such a rare book.

Who says all the GA guys are all a bunch of geezers? I saw LOTS of younger guys spending good money on GA in the room. This hobby is in good hands my friends!

IMG_2153.jpg

No CalComCon report could be complete without a shout out to the hard working guy that puts on this extravaganza every year for us. Terry O'Neil. Thanks so much Terry, it is always an honor to be able to set up and attend maybe the best one day show in the country!

If that guy didn't buy it, how about a steal of a deal on that beautiful Marvel Mystery in the lower left corner?  :insane:

IMG_2154.jpg

Here's my paltry haul from the show. I got some nice books I really wanted and came home with a boatload of cash for WonderCon!

I even got a nice pile of books to resell later. All in all very happy.

Even got this cool double sided porclean Chesterfield flange sign from Carbo. I'm probably the only guy in the room that would give this a second glance. Some times things very cool pop up in very unusual places...

IMG_2163.jpg

chesterfieldsign.jpg

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here's my paltry haul from the show. I got some nice books I really wanted and came home with a boatload of cash for WonderCon!

I even got a nice pile of books to resell later. All in all very happy.

Even got this cool double sided porclean Chesterfield flange sign from Carbo. I'm probably the only guy in the room that would give this a second glance. Some times things very cool pop up in very unusual places...

IMG_2163.jpg

chesterfieldsign.jpg

Just an excellent report RM, and as always it's almost like being there :golfclap:

Nice seeing  Boardies  and their purchases 'in real time'. Cool pick ups all, and nice to see i'm not the only Abbot and Costello guy (though i cherry pick certain issues from the run). 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Boardie n2wdw caught a red eye out here from the east coast just for this show. I think he didn't go home empty handed or unhappy. I almost had to get him a dolly to carry out his purchases from my booth. He came back and showed me a few of his big purchases. The one I remember the most is a killer copy of the Airboy with the "give your girl a whirl" bondage cover. Wow, just wow! I'm certian he will post it. Thanks for the business Mike and it was great geeking out with you!

Thanks!  I really enjoyed meeting you in person.