• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Robot Man said:

Today is another one of my favorites from this run

Dark Mysteries #13

Hard to beat for just sheer gore factor. On par with Vault of Horror #30. I wonder how many parents ripped this up as soon as they saw their kid reading it? One I rarely see for sale. I know where my dime would have went the day I saw it at the drugstore...

comdarkmysteries13.jpg

Colors were wrong on the leg.  A tattoo might have been nice as well.

3253152987_90fc01c55e_b.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 11:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Dark Mysteries #22 and #23

The tail end of this run. As you can imagine, the code really killed titles like this. Mysterious Adventures suffered the same fate. Stay tuned tomorrow for a little wrap up on these and a fun surprise.

comdarkmysteries22.jpg

comdarkmysteries23.jpg

What does the interior to issue 23 look like?  Did they use a lot of white out on art and dialog balloons to meet the code's requirements?

On 11/25/2017 at 8:02 PM, Robot Man said:

Mail man brought me a present today!

flashgordonrecord1.jpg

flashgordonrecord2.jpg

I mentioned you and Flash Gordon in my thread, before seeing this.  I figured you were a Flash fan.  Do you collect Captain Action?  I have an incomplete Flash uniform -- one of these days I'm going to complete it.

Edited by n2wdw

Was digging in the "library" the other night and came across this book. Comics Between the Panels IMG_1902.thumb.jpg.81573192631204f6534208da59664713.jpgOne of my favorites. It is a "guide" to comic books. Everything is covered including artists, terms like "headlights", examples of old books and history. Legendary dealers and their finds are documented here. Best part is the stories of collecting comics before CGC, the internet, Ebay and the boards. Back when you had to go out and search them out. There are numerous stories of the discovery of collections. Some you have heard of and many you probably never heard of.

This is one of my favorite "comic book" books. Published by Dark Horse. VERY highly recomended. Once you start reading, it is very hard to put down. I would very much encourage anyone who does not have a copy to search it out. Here are some examples of the collection find stories.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

3 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

I mentioned you and Flash Gordon in my thread, before seeing this.  I figured you were a Flash fan.  Do you collect Captain Action?  I have an incomplete Flash uniform -- one of these days I'm going to complete it.

Not into Capt. Action. About the time those came out I was more into chasing girls, working on motorcycles and playing in  rock band. I do buy them when I run into them cheap as they sell real well at shows to you "younger folks".

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Not into Capt. Action. About the time those came out I was more into chasing girls, working on motorcycles and playing in  rock band. I do buy them when I run into them cheap as they sell real well at shows to you "younger folks".

I guess you missed out on Major Matt Mason too.