• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Came in the mail today from Omaha NE. Love these regional character pinback buttons. Probably only just a few of these left...

ghostriderpinback.jpg

How do you store/display these things? 

36 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Found buried in a file drawer!

gahnwilsoncomicbookgag.jpg

hazelcomicbookgag.jpg

That was me at a  tender young age,defending my comics lol

Edited by comicjack

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Came in the mail today from Omaha NE. Love these regional character pinback buttons. Probably only just a few of these left...

ghostriderpinback.jpg

Very nice find, RM!

I was looking at my 90's copy of Tombusch's Radio Premiums price guide the other day and marveling at all the cool stuff produced in America back then. I try to be mindful of all things relative across generations, but today's kids will reflect back on twelve hours on the couch playing NBA2K on their PS while our dad's clipped box-tops and sent away for trinkets and anxiously awaited the mailman. I reserve a greater appreciation for the latter, romanticized as it may be.  :cloud9:

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Robot Man said:

comprize20.jpg

Killer cover, but I cannot help but to be somewhat saddened by the cover blurb - the bit about the "American way of life" being preserved - and here's why: I know politics is frowned upon here, so I will keep my brief musings as apolitical as I can, but so much of what I hear is that the American way of life is flawed, or a lie; that America is fundamentally unfair and systemically bigoted; that neither was it noble at its inception; and so forth. I just wish that we had a better balance of reverence and reservation today.

Edited by PopKulture

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Found buried in a file drawer!

gahnwilsoncomicbookgag.jpg

hazelcomicbookgag.jpg

For years, the late Gary Arlington of the San Francisco Comic Book Company kept this cartoon from Playboy magazine posted by the cash register.

5a5136c33fc31_GahanWilsonPBFeb1975.jpg.ba39146f02a65c56bc095fa40ad98230.jpg

Edited by BitterOldMan
Added word Company.

4 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Killer cover, but I cannot help but to be somewhat saddened by the cover blurb - the bit about the "American way of life" being preserved - and here's why: I know politics is frowned upon here, so I will keep my brief musings as apolitical as I can, but so much of what I hear is that the American way of life is flawed, or a lie; that America is fundamentally unfair and systemically bigoted; that neither was it noble at its inception; and so forth. I just wish that we had a better balance of reverence and reservation today.

Yeah, just look at poor old Frankie tied up in the car in the rear!

5 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Very nice find, RM!

I was looking at my 90's copy of Tombusch's Radio Premiums price guide the other day and marveling at all the cool stuff produced in America back then. I try to be mindful of all things relative across generations, but today's kids will reflect back on twelve hours on the couch playing NBA2K on their PS while our dad's clipped box-tops and sent away for trinkets and anxiously awaited the mailman. I reserve a greater appreciation for the latter, romanticized as it may be.  :cloud9:

Being a kid in the old days or a GA comic collector in the present age both required the same thing. PATIENCE. A virtue that is severly lacking these days...

Well,these didn't make it for Christmas,(RobotManLand is FAR away from Porcuquillville) but I did save the parcel for a pick me up this week!

Many thanks for a great gift from a good friend!I'll be reading them with my sis's kids soon. :foryou:

VelfTIm.jpg?1

You bet my prickily friend, glad you liked them and hope you are feeling better. Don't thank me though. I was having a hard time figuring out the most deserving winner. There are a lot of generous and thoughtful boardies out there. Mrs. Robot Man declared the winner since she does not know any of you guys. 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You bet my prickily friend, glad you liked them and hope you are feeling better. Don't thank me though. I was having a hard time figuring out the most deserving winner. There are a lot of generous and thoughtful boardies out there. Mrs. Robot Man declared the winner since she does not know any of you guys

She is soooo better off that way! :)

Who doesn't want to be a member of some time of club? In the 1930's and 1940's all kids wanted to and sent away for a lot of club kits from their favorite characters, Radio and TV heroes. Usually cost a dime or a box top and that long wait for the mail. In a few weeks, the mail man arrived and there it was.

I've got a ton of these. Here are just a few of them. If anybody cares, I'll post some more later.

1950's Ramar of the Jungle TV show

ramarclubcardpin.jpg