• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, Robot Man said:

Here are some of my meager highlights...

Love this Crown #1 de-slabbed CGC 8.0. I'm only down to the last two of these I need.

comcrown1.jpg

Your Four Favorites is awesome, but this is just visually stunning - you just don't see this palette on many comics.  (thumbsu

On 1/29/2018 at 3:11 PM, Robot Man said:

TricolorBrian at my booth with some atomic age buys!  You just know he didn't pay those sticker prices!

IMG_2145.jpg

I didn't pay much less for them...that's for sure.  This show was full of "I don't want to discount much" dealers.  Just a tragedy...but still fun... lol

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I didn't pay much less for them...that's for sure.  This show was full of "I don't want to discount much" dealers.  Just a tragedy...but still fun... lol

Hey Brian  See, I told you I wouldn't use "those" pictures...

Yeah, a lot of the prices were a bit stiff for me but I didn't get to look around that much and I have expensive tastes. I had 4 long boxes of SA DCs at 1/2 guide like that. They sold so well I had to re-fill them twice from an extra box. My wall books were pretty firm and many had the "i don't want to sell it" stickers on them because they came out of my collection. Still many of them sold anyway. My best customers are always unusual readers and long want list customers. I did REAL well because of it.  I was there to move stuff and a lot took advantage of it. 

59 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Brian  See, I told you I wouldn't use "those" pictures...

Yeah, a lot of the prices were a bit stiff for me but I didn't get to look around that much and I have expensive tastes. I had 4 long boxes of SA DCs at 1/2 guide like that. They sold so well I had to re-fill them twice from an extra box. My wall books were pretty firm and many had the "i don't want to sell it" stickers on them because they came out of my collection. Still many of them sold anyway. My best customers are always unusual readers and long want list customers. I did REAL well because of it.  I was there to move stuff and a lot took advantage of it. 

Well, I did find one DC in your boxes...but i didn't look at everything.  However, I doubt you had the two I posed with...or the Rex #5.  Hence, I had to pay actual money for those... lol

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, I did find one DC in your boxes...but i didn't look at everything.  However, I doubt you had the two I posed with...or the Rex #5.  Hence, I had to pay actual money for those... lol

Should have looked a little harder... I had that Strange Adventures, at half guide too...

Funny story, Bitteroldman said he wished he could find a Jimmy Olsen #44. Guess what HE got for half guide. 

Pays to box dive kids.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Should have looked a little harder... I had that Strange Adventures, at half guide too...

Funny story, Bitteroldman said he wished he could find a Jimmy Olsen #44. Guess what HE got for half guide. 

Pays to box dive kids.

I think the SA was gone before i got to look thru your boxes...

Sorry we didn't get to chat more Brian. As you probably saw, it was just crazy busy. I had a lot of gems in those boxes you just had to dig. Funny story, a kid dug a cool "key" out of one of my half price boxes that I had forgotten about. He had the nerve to demand another 50% off. I took it away and in front of him I marked it up double and put it on the wall. Some guy in the booth bought it right in front of him. Showed him didn't I?  :headbang: