• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,110 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

And there is always that lady who doesn’t know what ECs are :banana:

655D6B57-A668-4592-8915-6FA18493FC2B.jpeg

Great report RM, as always. Glad you picked up some EC's cuz you love em' so much.

Would have liked to have seen pics of that Looney Tunes Bound Volume :baiting:

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Probably the coolest thing there. This huge lit up spinning display piece was off the hook. Don’t know the price. Like they say, “If you have to ask...”

278DCC27-9B60-42C7-A822-879311D28F88.jpeg

Same guy shows up at the Chicagoland Advertising show with one killer piece like this year after year... 

17 hours ago, PopKulture said:

What were the young-uns hunting mostly?? 

These were kids (at least to me) from about 16-25. They were looking for classic Monster, Star Wars, Robots & Space and Vehicle toys. Had a box of vinyl and a few Rock Posters that sold briskly to them as well. Nice kids and I made sure I gave them real good deals. Several were repeat customers.

Oddest sale was a kid about 17 who wanted Davy Crocket stuff. Sold him a couple of pinbacks and a cap gun. About all I had. Glad to see it gone. 

28 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

These were kids (at least to me) from about 16-25. They were looking for classic Monster, Star Wars, Robots & Space and Vehicle toys. Had a box of vinyl and a few Rock Posters that sold briskly to them as well. Nice kids and I made sure I gave them real good deals. Several were repeat customers.

Oddest sale was a kid about 17 who wanted Davy Crocket stuff. Sold him a couple of pinbacks and a cap gun. About all I had. Glad to see it gone. 

That's encouraging, and, in the case of the Crockett fan, curious!  :foryou:

Well another week, another show... 

Got 25 boxes (short and long) of GA/SA books ready to haul out to Terry’s annual show tomorrow. A box diver’s paradise. I will be the old guy against the wall with the funky rack. Come by and say Hi or introduce yourself. Should be fun. 

As always, I plan to try and do a little report on Monday with lots of photos.

5AF3BC89-2F8C-4759-A290-FA3DDD07CE02.jpeg

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Got 25 boxes (short and long) of GA/SA books ready to haul out to Terry’s annual show tomorrow. A box diver’s paradise. I will be the old guy against the wall with the funky rack. Come by and say Hi or introduce yourself. Should be fun. 

Based on that cool Kayo sign and all of those intriguing boxes in the background, if you ever have a garage sale, I will be there.

5 minutes ago, mlansdown said:

Based on that cool Kayo sign and all of those intriguing boxes in the background, if you ever have a garage sale, I will be there.

… OR he could auction the house and contents to the highest bidder.... the world's largest Mystery Box. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

it will be interesting to see if the turnout is bigger than last year...

Still reeling from Terry’s show yesterday. Still gotta unpack the truck, count my loot and check out a few very cool books I picked up.

This one just keeps getting better every year. Probably the best one day show on the planet. Was just stuffing money in my pocket all day long from happy collectors. Had very little time to shop or walk around. The joint was elbow to elbow until the last hour. Sooo much killer stuff in the room. And a decent bit of stuff for mere mortals as well. I saw loads of old friends and met a bunch of new ones. Tons of boardies from all over the country and Canada. 

I apologize it I don’t get all your names right but it was such a blur. 

The set up. I got there very early. Probably part of my flea market training.

2A3F71BF-3712-48E6-9D02-DAD40A87C921.jpeg

7CF687EE-0B3C-4A36-904B-FF09E063FF9E.jpeg

93FDBD55-36C7-4DCB-B9C8-44768430559A.jpeg