• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 4 Results
1 1

36 posts in this topic

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 4 (of 10) Results

BK 7: Star Wars #107 White Pages   - Actual Grade: 9.8

BK 8: Strange Adventures #50 Off-White Pages   - Actual Grade: 2.0 

Round 4 Grade Breakdowns

Round-4-Breakdowns.gif

2017 Grading Contest: Round 4 Results - Leader Board

Round-4-Leaders.gif

Grading Contest Books:
01. Crimes by Women #3 (Superior)
02. Amazing Spider-man #129  (Marvel)
03. Western Thrillers #1 (Fox Features Synd.)
04. Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel)
05. True Aviation Comics Digest #1 (Parents' Magazine Inst.)
06. Baloo and Little Britches #1 (Gold Key)
07. Star Wars #107 (Marvel)
08. Strange Adventures #50 (DC)

Edited by sckao

Round 4 COMMENTARY

(Feel free to submit your own. :headbang:)

Round 4 ends appropriately with only a paltry four double bullseyes... none from the Top Ten. Congrats go to first-time DBs JJJCOMICS, Wipple, Red_Hood and the aptly named mr_highgrade:applause:

Rounding out his inexorable climb back from 47th place, toro reclaims his spot at the top of the mountain and is currently tied for First Place with NinjaSealed. (worship)

Congrats to all contestants as we head into Round 5, the half-way point. All Contestants now have at least zero points or are in Positive Territory.

Here's to small victories... :whistle:

ROUND 5 WILL BREAK YOU! :sumo:  

Edited by sckao

Commentary: devastating round as not a single one of the top scorers got a dbl bull!  SW crushed their hopes as other stragglers got the dbls.  Even the incredible Toro and Ryan were unable to pull it off!  The force was with none of the prev top 10!!  Two of the top 10 hopefuls were slapped down to top 20!!!  ouch!

Edited by kav

With what proved to be a difficult round for many, there were some lights that shined brighter than the others.

Before all else, we must give special congrats to the 4 who scored double bulls-eyes, JJJCOMICS, Wipple, Red_Hood, and mr_highgrade.

First place is now shared with one very familiar face, toro, and one who is not really known for winning grading contests (not yet that is....) ,  NinjaSealed.

If you look at the leaderboard, you can see that no one is feeling comfortable right now. With 10 players all within 4 points of first place, the game still belongs to anyone. 

We are inching towards the halfway point of the contest, and with that I have a question for the participants.  Can you do it? Can you finish what you started? Or do the nasty emoticons make you want to quit? :baiting:

Edited by thirdgreenham
spelling

1 minute ago, thirdgreenham said:

Can you do it? Can you finish what your started? Or do the nasty emoticons make you want to quit? :baiting:

Just watch me.

1 hour ago, sckao said:

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 4 (of 10) Results

BK 7: Star Wars #107 White Pages   - Actual Grade: 9.8

BK 8: Strange Adventures #50 Off-White Pages   - Actual Grade: 2.0 

Round 4 Grade Breakdowns

Round-4-Breakdowns.gif

Just curious,  is the person who graded the SW a 6.0 the same person who graded the SA a 4.5?  And props to all of you who grade from phones that is tough to do. 

2 minutes ago, toro said:

Just curious,  is the person who graded the SW a 6.0 the same person who graded the SA a 4.5?  And props to all of you who grade from phones that is tough to do. 

well I grade just by touching my screen daredevil-style.

That SW was a beach.

I saw what looked like a c-b dent in the "S" in Star on the front cover and hit it hard for that, and the soiling on both front and back covers.

Can someone please tell me what that spot on the "S" is?

Wow.

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

That SW was a beach.

I saw what looked like a c-b dent in the "S" in Star on the front cover and hit it hard for that, and the soiling on both front and back covers.

Can someone please tell me what that spot on the "S" is?

Wow.

If only I hadnt looked at the large scans...

52 minutes ago, toro said:

No.  It was me.  And I got a bullseye on the second book.  But on the Starwars 107, I saw what I thought were really light creases that looked like remnants of a press.  I guess I was seeing scratches on the case.  

Edit:  I've attached a photo of what I thought was one of the creases that I've circled in red.  There were two of these on the book:

not a crease.jpg

Edited by Westy Steve