• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do people think of indvidually graded pages?
2 2

62 posts in this topic

I might as well jump in on this thread. Also interested in a few pages from Supes #1, if anyone has and willing to part with pgs. 18, 31 and 32 please let me know, thanks!:)

PS- If i might add I think it's great if being a collector whether it's a single pg, an entire book, etc. especially these grail books which are seemingly harder to obtain at a reasonable price, I concur these pages/books are a piece of history. 

Edited by 1classics

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I would do just about anything to get a Tec 27, even just a page.

a boardie picked u the bat story in tec 27 a few years back (albeit restored) and being piecemealed out wasn't  out of the question.  I inquired about page 3

10 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

I was a player right up to $3500 lol, also on the auction are coverless captain America comics 1, and superman 1. It s tempting to go after cap 1 and begin the quest for a cover

That Cap 1 is sweet.  Love the spash page through the slab

On 8/30/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bookery said:

I always thought collecting individual pages of comics was silly.  Then I found myself buying this page (though I no longer have it)... it's one of the key title pages from Shakespeare's 2nd Folio from 1632.  I realize now that if you can't have the whole of something you prize... sometimes a part of it will just have to do!

Midsommer Night's Dreame 1632.jpg

I wish CGC would encapsulate a page like this!

16 hours ago, Brian Jaye said:

I will post a picture of the Action One page I bought tomorrow.  Here are the two other pages I picked up.  I bought them this way.  I did not, nor would never grade an individual page.  I would grade a coverless comic though.

SUperman 1.jpg

Batman 1.jpg

Those are both great pages for display.  Also like that Batman just killed that guy.

2 minutes ago, Bookery said:

I didn't think to send it to them... but perhaps they would have (with the NG designation).  It was about magazine-size.  

Hmmm.....  I've got some sweet Mucha pages.

I have a lot of experience with pieces as I collect parts and have bought and sold tons of parts to a lot of keys especially Batman 1.  I bought an incomplete batman 1 with the wraps intact, I had CGC grade the wraps and did not split it into single pages.  This is the only way to do it as it maintains a usable part that can still be married into a book.  I would never part out a complete coverless book and I would never split intact parts just to make more money. 

That being said some people would rather own a piece of something they would not otherwise be able to afford, others would rather go without.

As for that coverless incomplete Detective 27, I bought it from comic connect years ago for like 1200, sold it to carbo for like 3700 which I thought was nuts at the time.  I believe it has since moved around a lot but at one time I think it did sell for like 25K which I find insane since none of the desired parts are there.

What do none Superman Action 1 pages sell for, to me those just have no interest much like this Detective 27 had no long term interest to me.

Complete coverless books are great but the big keys even the Silver Age ones are getting expensive even coverless.

James G

On 8/30/2017 at 10:01 PM, 1classics said:

I might as well jump in on this thread. Also interested in a few pages from Supes #1, if anyone has and willing to part with pgs. 18, 31 and 32 please let me know, thanks!:)

PS- If i might add I think it's great if being a collector whether it's a single pg, an entire book, etc. especially these grail books which are seemingly harder to obtain at a reasonable price, I concur these pages/books are a piece of history. 

With my near complete Superman #1 two pages are detached. Here is one of the pages front and back. I think this is the page 31/32 you need right?

IMG_6414.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

On 9/2/2017 at 8:59 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

With my near complete Superman #1 two pages are detached. Here is one of the pages front and back. I think this is the page 31/32 you need right?

IMG_6414.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

Hey actually I believe you have pg 15 shown above, I'm looking for 18, 31 and 32. 31 is the Siegel / Shuster write up pg and 32 is the action comics ad pg, example photos below. If you or anyone else has and is willing to sell, if willing to pay $$$:)

IMG_6350.PNG

IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

3 hours ago, 1classics said:

Hey actually I believe you have pg 15 shown above, I'm looking for 18, 31 and 32. 31 is the Siegel / Shuster write up pg and 32 is the action comics ad pg, example photos below. If you or anyone else has and is willing to sell, if willing to pay $$$:)

IMG_6350.PNG

IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

Oh I see. I thought you meant like page 31 and 32 of the story. You mean like page 31 and 32 of the physical pages front and back. No I don't have those unfortunately. I think I have page 18 though right?

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6416.JPG

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh I see. I thought you meant like page 31 and 32 of the story. You mean like page 31 and 32 of the physical pages front and back. No I don't have those unfortunately. I think I have page 18 though right?

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6416.JPG

Sorry I should've been more specific about the pages. Yes you do have pg 18, that's awesome! Is that a page you're willing to part with or are you holding onto for your book? Don't tease me lol:)

4 hours ago, 1classics said:

Sorry I should've been more specific about the pages. Yes you do have pg 18, that's awesome! Is that a page you're willing to part with or are you holding onto for your book? Don't tease me lol:)

Yeah probably going to hold onto it. Damn I wish I bought that page #18 that mycomicshop had as I was thinking about doing it since it was in better shape than mine. Then I could have sold you this one. Well, if I come across another page 18 I'll keep you in mind for my current one.

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

You guys should all band together and do a time-share or partnership contract and complete the book.

Thanks for the recommendation but we both nearly have complete books and nearly the same pages so that wouldn't do much good. Plus both of our goals are to complete our own books lol.

But moving forward I'll start a private message thread with my fellow Supes buddy here so our thread isn't everyone else's concern.