• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do people think of indvidually graded pages?
2 2

62 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a page to Batman #1, and Action Comics #1.  I never thought I would just buy one page to any comic, but these two issues are a little out of my price range complete.  Has anyone else just bought a page?  I am excited to own a piece of both of these comics honestly.  I Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Brian

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't like them. I just can't stand seeing iconic books being further destroyed just for a monetary profit. Unless they were aquired that way in the first place.

+1, not a fan of it.  I buy coverless books from time to time as reading copies but single pages (shrug)

I can't help but feel that if cgc will grade a page, then they encourage it.   I don't like the idea of people cutting up a book for it.  But I understand the appeal of buying one.  It sucks when a page you want to see is encased.  I crack open my silver age books to look at em, but usually not any GA.   If I had a All Star #8 I'd have to open it.  I'd have to know if those pages are clean.     

What a nightmare to crack it out, and the splash page of Wonder Woman's first appearance has scribbles all over it....  

I was nervous enough when I opened a Strange Tales #110 not too long ago..  Luckily it was clear.

1 minute ago, GoldCap said:

I've never really thought about seeking out an individual page but I do look at them when I see one for sale on eBay.  I have yet to buy a coverless comic so individual pages are a ways away for me, if ever.

Same here until I was able to get a coverless Batman #1 for a great price. To me it's pretty cool to have that book in my collection even if it's not complete

Just now, Barth said:

Same here until I was able to get a coverless Batman #1 for a great price. To me it's pretty cool to have that book in my collection even if it's not complete

For an opportunity for a book of that caliber (in top 10 most desired/valuable of all comics), it's a no-brainer IMO.  Congrats!  I would buy a coverless Cap 1, 3 or 46 in a heartbeat...once I save up some money :shy:

I always thought collecting individual pages of comics was silly.  Then I found myself buying this page (though I no longer have it)... it's one of the key title pages from Shakespeare's 2nd Folio from 1632.  I realize now that if you can't have the whole of something you prize... sometimes a part of it will just have to do!

Midsommer Night's Dreame 1632.jpg

15 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I used to have a wrap in a NG CGC slab.  It was the centerpiece of my collection.  When it was time to sell, it quickly went for 5 figures. 

Mike you had the mother of all single wraps, the first wrap to Action #1 featuring the origin. Wish I had bought it at the time. 

I need 3 measly pages to complete my Superman 1. You can bet I love single pages as I'm looking to get a complete copy of one of the most epic golden age comics. I think it's funny people believe that someone would detach pages to a major golden age book or any major key to sell independently. I'd say the likelihood anyone does something like that is slim to none, and I guarantee there is likely no proof of anyone doing it. I just think solo pages are out there as they were torn out many years before.

20 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I need 3 measly pages to complete my Superman 1. You can bet I love single pages as I'm looking to get a complete copy of one of the most epic golden age comics. I think it's funny people believe that someone would detach pages to a major golden age book or any major key to sell independently. I'd say the likelihood anyone does something like that is slim to none, and I guarantee there is likely no proof of anyone doing it. I just think solo pages are out there as they were torn out many years before.

There are lots of Superman 1 pages out there for sale.  

Which ones do you need??

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The first two wraps and the centerfold. Unfortunately none of those are out there :(.

So 6 pages total?

I have lots of them, but not sure which ones.   The ones I have, however, are single pages, not wraps, so I guess I am  not much help anyway.  Sorry...