• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Or warn them of stolen books that might have come his way sometime between the date this thread was posted back to the end of the Franco-Prussian war. 

I think we can establish the first end of the time spectrum as no earlier than the publication of Obadiah Oldbuck, America's first comic book.  This, of course, pre-dates the Franco-Prussian War. 

6 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I think we can establish the first end of the time spectrum as no earlier than the publication of Obadiah Oldbuck, America's first comic book.  This, of course, pre-dates the Franco-Prussian War. 

lol Awesome!

4 minutes ago, Transplant said:

oldbuck.jpg.9fccde3c017d9713e06fe60a529291a1.jpg

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

I forgot, who was the boardie that was buying all these up claiming that this was THE most significant book, even above Action 1?

And if he owns white van. 

3 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Note to self, next time I have gun in my face and have 30k+ in comics stolen remind me to come on the boards make a bunch of sales threads, talk about cool books, and pick fights with boardies before making anyone aware of this "minor" incident that might have happened somewhere between 2 weeks and 2+ years ago.  This thread really has been educational!

I see the gang of three keep liking each other's comments. Are you guys having a slumber party high fiving each other after each comment. Thank you for caring me about the incident and let me educate you a little cause you clearly can't read. I didn't ask for help finding the books. I said keep an eye out, truth of it all people like you and your two boyfriends make me not have faith in these boards. Keep talking , you're very cool and are just adding so much productivity to this post. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Should I call a local comic shop in the Los Angeles area who I'm friends with the owner to warn him of stolen books that might come his way?

There is a helpful person on here after all. Thank you. Yes please. Please give him the theee serial #'s on page one. That's realty appreciated but I doubt they have not been cracked out already. Thank you 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Or warn them of stolen books that might have come his way sometime between the date this thread was posted back to the end of the Franco-Prussian war. 

They were stolen in 1939. Thank you for helping me specify a date. 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Man, what happened to Solar Boy sucks.  I've bought some collections in the deep hood in my life and it can be scary.  Didn't the popo ask for a copy of the craigslist ad?

Thread took a strange turn when Solar Boy did come over the top rope and, with no evidence, he accused nameless boardies of having his books.  (shrug)  Many of the responses were equally without support of fact and judgmental.  On the boards we certainly reap what we sow.  Let's cut Solar Boy a break though as we all would be mfing bitter if we experienced the same thing.

Thank you for this comment. I enjoy the dummies on these boards who were not in my shoes and accuse me of something. Pretty funny. The three stooges enjoy your day. Karma is a person_without_enough_empathy. Hope this doesn't happen to you one day. 

4 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I see the gang of three keep liking each other's comments. Are you guys having a slumber party high fiving each other after each comment. Thank you for caring me about the incident and let me educate you a little cause you clearly can't read. I didn't ask for help finding the books. I said keep an eye out, truth of it all people like you and your two boyfriends make me not have faith in these boards. Keep talking , you're very cool and are just adding so much productivity to this post. Thank you. 

So you just wanted people to  keep an eye out for three specific books, but it WASN'T to help find them?  

That's a serious question because, at this point, I can't figure out what the point of this thread was if it wasn't to help find these specific books. 

5 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

No one is high-fiving, actually some of us have helped recover either books or money that were stolen from boardies in the past, including myself.  My first post was sympathitic, then you repeatedly called into question the integrity of board members, as a whole.  There are quite a bit of holes in your story, and I'm not by any means saying this didn't happen, however when I look at the entirety of your posting history, and not just on this thread,  you clearly have an aggressive attitude in general, which is certainly your right, but you should expect to be called out on it.

3 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

They were stolen in 1939. Thank you for helping me specify a date. 

Just pointing out the absurdity of your posting a thread to watch out for specific books, that were taken in a specific incident, at a specific time and then refusing to tell people when it happened (for reasons still unknown).

It's a material fact that really clouds the entire situation in its obfuscation. 

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

No one is high-fiving, actually some of us have helped recover either books or money that were stolen from boardies in the past, including myself.  My first post was sympathitic, then you repeatedly called into question the integrity of board members, as a whole.  There are quite a bit of holes in your story, and I'm not by any means saying this didn't happen, however when I look at the entirety of your posting history, and not just on this thread,  you clearly have an aggressive attitude in general, which is certainly your right, but you should expect to be called out on it.

Fair enough. But liking rude comments towards me now Dorsnt make you look like anyone who would want to help anyone. Doesn't matter what or who you helped. My aggression ever on these boards were always for a reason. Nothing random. You and others on these boards are very quick to judge people, put on probation, ban people, blacklist people and I don't agree at all with your views. But again we are entitled to our own opinions. You think I'm aggressive and you're very correct. I'm aggressive when I need to be. But this didn't happen to you it happened to me and I don't think I deserved comments after I've been robbed telling me why would I bring $30k in books to sell and how much longer that takes that selling onlin. Which is complete BS. It's guys with $15-$30k collections running their mouths. Guys I never see do anything productive on here or at least in the 3 years that I've been here. Anyway good day to you. Whoever has my books in their collection enjoy them. ✌?

I just don't get it.  You should be able to search your email for the Craigslist email asking you to publish the post.  At least I think that was something I got when I listed back in the day.  Also, I cannot fathom why you won't give a general clue as to when this took place.  It's a fairly relevant piece of information.  There are a mix of doofuses who want to spend time telling you what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person you are and some who want to genuinely help, but need to get as much info as possible.  Your way over the top reaction to the first group is really spoiling any desire of the second group to assist.  Layer on what appears to be weirdness of not being able to provide info on the listing and avoiding giving out the timeframe, and at best you end up with general apathy on your plight.  At worst, it seems shady.  That said, I don't get people saying you seem to be setting up a scam on the boards. 

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

So you just wanted people to  keep an eye out for three specific books, but it WASN'T to help find them?  

That's a serious question because, at this point, I can't figure out what the point of this thread was if it wasn't to help find these specific books. 

This.  100 times, this.

Now I'll make a post to sell books next week and see if the wonderful people on here will have any effect on my sales thread. See if weeding me out even works lol. Funny people on here thinking boardies uniting have any power at all....

2 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

As someone that lives in SoCal, I am curious if these van driving, comic book mugging thugs were apprehended.  So keep us updated. 

My only advice would be don't use Craigslist...for anything.

It's been a bit of time and no they have not apprehended. And my lesson has been learned. 

Just now, SOLAR BOY said:

Now I'll make a post to sell books next week and see if the wonderful people on here will have any effect on my sales thread. See if weeding me out even works lol. Funny people on here thinking boardies uniting have any power at all....

WTF are you talking about?