• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Does SolarBoy have a link for the original craigslist ad? @SOLAR BOY

@BlowUpTheMoon no I don't have the thread or all my pics would be there. I mentioned earlier I have to look for pics. Because this didn't just happen this week or last. So no I don't have the original thread, wish I did so I can have exact wording and the pics of the avengers #4, fantastic four #2 and the Conan #1. Those pics I posted on page 1 are from the flyer I made when this happened. 

2 hours ago, Fiddy said:

This thread is definitely helping people become aware of something but I don't think it's what you think it is.

It's helping my buddies and I on here realize who are the Worthless SOB's on here that we wouldn't want to sell to or deal with. Thank you for making that point clear. I appreciate it. 

8 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

@BlowUpTheMoon no I don't have the thread or all my pics would be there. I mentioned earlier I have to look for pics. Because this didn't just happen this week or last. So no I don't have the original thread, wish I did so I can have exact wording and the pics of the avengers #4, fantastic four #2 and the Conan #1. Those pics I posted on page 1 are from the flyer I made when this happened. 

I completely missed that part...when did this happen? How long have the books been in the wind?

2 hours ago, Fiddy said:

So there were two different cars or did the same car from the first transaction show up for the second transaction?

I mentioned before dude I didn't see the first car. We were on the side of the Starbucks in broad daylight looking at the books. He picked books out and then said let me go grab cash from the car. He walked into the parking lot. I didn't see where he went. I sat waiting and when he didn't come back I called and it went to voicemail. After I think like 10 minutes I bounced. So I didn't see a car. When I got robbed it was a beat up old peace of white mini van.......or This is all made up, fake story. And you, blowupthemoon and the dude who eats brains can all get together and giggle at this thread and high five each other with your funny personalities. You three are my favorite from this thread lol. 

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

I completely missed that part...when did this happen? How long have the books been in the wind?

I never mentioned when it happens. I will leave that exact detail to myself. Only two people on these boards know exact date/time and ill keep it this way. It seems this was a waste of time. Just got into it with a bunch of people who like to make something out of nothing. No need to indulge anyone else. Waste of time. 

37 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I never mentioned when it happens. I will leave that exact detail to myself. Only two people on these boards know exact date/time and ill keep it this way. It seems this was a waste of time. Just got into it with a bunch of people who like to make something out of nothing. No need to indulge anyone else. Waste of time. 

I think it would be reasonable to disclose whether this happened a week ago or months ago since people have mentioned reaching out to local comic shops, etc.  If this happened months ago then the books are probably long gone, but if it was recent then those efforts could be helpful.

A couple of good tips in this thread.  I am going to add to it with a few of my own:

• I do not sell anything over Craigslist that is worth at most a few hundred dollars.
  • I only take items with me to the meet up what the buyer has predetermined that they are buying
  • Meeting is at the mall food court. 
  • I do not go straight home after the meet up.

6 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

You feel it's a waste of time explaining details about when the theft happened but you expect people to waste their time to assist with getting the word out for these books when you don't even want to say how long ago they were stolen from you?  :screwy:  

13 minutes ago, Fiddy said:

You feel it's a waste of time explaining details about when the theft happened but you expect people to waste their time to assist with getting the word out for these books when you don't even want to say how long ago they were stolen from you?  :screwy:  

Note to self, next time I have gun in my face and have 30k+ in comics stolen remind me to come on the boards make a bunch of sales threads, talk about cool books, and pick fights with boardies before making anyone aware of this "minor" incident that might have happened somewhere between 2 weeks and 2+ years ago.  This thread really has been educational!

9 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

That's pretty irrational. Your posts on page one were to notify people to keep a look out for stolen books, and help protect people in the area who might run into them, but you leave out how long the books have been gone and when this happened? 

You're not indulging ME. I was trying to help YOU.

But I agree. This does seem to have been a waste of time. 

Just now, NoMan said:

Should I call a local comic shop in the Los Angeles area who I'm friends with the owner to warn him of stolen books that might come his way?

Or warn them of stolen books that might have come his way sometime between the date this thread was posted back to the end of the Franco-Prussian war. 

Man, what happened to Solar Boy sucks.  I've bought some collections in the deep hood in my life and it can be scary.  Didn't the popo ask for a copy of the craigslist ad?

Thread took a strange turn when Solar Boy did come over the top rope and, with no evidence, he accused nameless boardies of having his books.  (shrug)  Many of the responses were equally without support of fact and judgmental.  On the boards we certainly reap what we sow.  Let's cut Solar Boy a break though as we all would be mfing bitter if we experienced the same thing.

Edited by ThothAmon