• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I don't know about that scam or whatever happened. Am I here asking for anything? Donations? Or  please by my books so I can make money back thread? No. I'm here to inform only. You've turned me trying to spread some info into an attack on me. Awesome thank you. 

This is not an attack at you personally.  Please stop trying to spin it that way. As for it possibly being some sort of scam. I truly hope it's not and no you have not asked for anything, not even sympathy as you've pointed out. 

I've just witnessed quite a few scams within this community and they all seam to start somewhere. When things don't add up I'm going to pay attention and make note. I see no harm in that and neither should you. 

11 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Well I'm sure we are all greatful for the PSA.  But, seems like you are the only one who needs to "educate" yourself on the do's and don'ts of dealing on CL and associated dangers.  Most here know those.  I could care less if you stay or go, I'd prefer you stay as your ramblings are amusing.  Now I'll be quiet.  <3

Im glad my ramblings can amuse you.  Most people from NJ act like you....and me....now thank you.....on being quite.

7 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

What about his post saying he wouldn't be surprised a wonderful boardie stole them, and are smiling while reading the thread.  Many people have tried to help in this thread.  The OP's attitude is way out of line. 

You are entitled to your opinion.  I'm entitled to mine.  That is that.  Thank you for your thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

This is not an attack at you personally.  Please stop trying to spin it that way. As for it possibly being some sort of scam. I truly hope it's not and no you have not asked for anything, not even sympathy as you've pointed out. 

I've just witnessed quite a few scams within this community and they all seam to start somewhere. When things don't add up I'm going to pay attention and make note. I see no harm in that and neither should you. 

Agreed.  Thank you for clearing that up.  This is 100% all the facts.  Exactly what happened.  I read a couple posts on here about books being stolen so I decided to share my story.  I almost didn't but then said it can only help.  But now I truly regret even saying anything.  

2 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Let me re explain this. I got two hits on my add the day before. One I spoke to on the phone and other text me. It turned out being the same guy on two different phones. He was the first guy I met. Looked through the books and was acting like he had money in the car to buy the books and literally just vanished. 

After waiting 5 min I tried to call him it went to voicemail. I waited another like 5 min then said whatever wha a insufficiently_thoughtful_person and started to drive home. On the drive home I get a call from the other person who was texting me the night before. He said he could meet in El Monte and asked when I could get there. It was on my way home so I told him 20 min. 

When i I got there they were late. The rest I already explained. 

I thought it was two different people, two different hits to my post, two different buyers. I wanted to meet the second buyer since the first buyer did what he did to me. It turns out it was the same guy orchestrating both meets. 

So there were two different cars or did the same car from the first transaction show up for the second transaction?

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I'm a bit confused. Is this about this thread or about that thread. Why are you digging into another topic. If you have an issue with anything I said or did in that thread please make a comment towards me there I'll be more than happy to respond......there not here. This thread is to help people be aware of something....the dangers of meeting comic collectors on CL. I know tons of people who use CL to buy, sell and trade. Hence my post. So if you have an issue with me f'n take it elsewhere dude. If you have nothing positive to add to this then don't say anything. just read, educate yourself and stay quite. Nice and quite. And cheer for me to be weeded off these boards. Unfortunelty I'm going nowhere. Next. 

This thread is definitely helping people become aware of something but I don't think it's what you think it is.

This thread has certainly taken some twists and turns.  I don't believe for a moment that solarboy has created this thread for sympathy or donations - sure hasn't worked out if he did.  He does buy and sell here and selling locally is an extension of his selling.

Solarboy, don't give up on these books.  They're out there and these guys need to move them.   Get a list out to every comic shop and pawn shop in town, get it out on social media, consider creating a craig's list ad detailing what happened and a list of the books.   Chances are good these punks will try to move them at a LCS and they'll be caught.  

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

This thread has certainly taken some twists and turns.  I don't believe for a moment that solarboy has created this thread for sympathy or donations - sure hasn't worked out if he did.  He does buy and sell here and selling locally is an extension of his selling.

Solarboy, don't give up on these books.  They're out there and these guys need to move them.   Get a list out to every comic shop and pawn shop in town, get it out on social media, consider creating a craig's list ad detailing what happened and a list of the books.   Chances are good these punks will try to move them at a LCS and they'll be caught.  

great idea a CL ad depicting the books then WARNING THESE BOOKS WERE ROBBED FROM ME AT GUNPOINT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUY WARNING

2 minutes ago, kav said:
6 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

great idea a CL ad depicting the books then WARNING THESE BOOKS WERE ROBBED FROM ME AT GUNPOINT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUY WARNING

Yes, it would make it harder for these creeps to move books to craig's list buyers and certainly serve as a warning to sellers.  These guys just scored  $30k retail of books and they'll want to repeat their performance.  Need to get these guys off the street before someone gets robbed or even shot.