• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Con 2017 Report
1 1

108 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, comicquant said:
On 9/25/2017 at 7:18 AM, lizards2 said:

I don't think you notice the aroma unless it is different than your own...., :baiting:

Your own brand always smells the best

Did you just fart?  :sick:

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Why somebody would waste valuble rack space with two rows of a crappy book like that is beyond me. Is it "rare"?  in demand? Or they just didn't have enough good books to fill the rack???

to each their own. 

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Why somebody would waste valuble rack space with two rows of a crappy book like that is beyond me. Is it "rare"?  in demand? Or they just didn't have enough good books to fill the rack???

ton of space. Maybe 4 booths and they were back to back. So I'm recalling 8 booths of wall space.

It's not really a slouch book. Contrary to most of what I have seen in these threads, I would suspect most people are not there buying Gold and Silver age.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Did you check under the bed for dead hookers?

Yes, only live ones...:sorry:

It must have just been Dale then.

22 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure who this was but they also had a Cerberus #1.

That was me. The rows of New Teen Titans 1 are because of a running joke between me and Marc Nathan - every year we put up a single row of something. A couple years ago it was New Teen Titans 2, before that was She-Hulk 1. If you look closer, one row is newsstand, one row is direct sales. 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Um. I had 400 linear feet of wall space. I had roughly (ballpark) $400K worth of books on the wall.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

ton of space. Maybe 4 booths and they were back to back. So I'm recalling 8 booths of wall space.

It's not really a slouch book. Contrary to most of what I have seen in these threads, I would suspect most people are not there buying Gold and Silver age.

I sold about 50 of them at $40-70 each. 

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

:whatthe:

Book is (now) 37 years old. Book is fondly remembered by a generation of collectors. Book has a following from multiple angles (comics, nostalgia, TV). Characters from the book are starting to appear in other places. Book will pop. We all have to remember the book is much older than we remember. 1980 was a long time ago. 

2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Book is (now) 37 years old. Book is fondly remembered by a generation of collectors. Book has a following from multiple angles (comics, nostalgia, TV). Characters from the book are starting to appear in other places. Book will pop. We all have to remember the book is much older than we remember. 1980 was a long time ago. 

I remember Book.

2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I've got a nice copy in my keeper stack. I remember going to a NY show back in '83 or so and passing on original ASM art by Ditko ( @ $ 100 a page) and spending my money instead on back issues of New Teen Titans...... hindsight right ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Made it to  Baltimore as well.  I had a pretty good time, talking to random people while waiting in the interminable lines for artist signatures.  Really not cool to see certain artists' lines capped before they even showed up for scheduled signing. This was the first show I travelled out of state for, and while I had a good time, I think I need a better game plan in the future. My plan was not helped by the ridiculous lines at the booth for these guys. A 30-minute wait for a witness... I gave up another time... and I was not the only person voicing that opinion. I'd never seen or heard of that before. Being the backwoods rube that I am, the price of parking was outrageous, even with the help of  parking panda.

That said, I had a surprisingly good time. I actually got to have some decent chats with artists, met some people I kept running into over the 3 days, and surprised myself with purchases. I bought  ONE comic , and it was a brand new variant. I spent all of my money on original art and prints that I got signed! 1 commission cover sketch, 1 original page, 2 double page original spreads, 1 full page pose, and 1 piece of the convention yearbook from the onsite auction. Oh, and I happened to have 2 copies of The Boys #1 with me for slabbing...so I was unexpectedly but rather well prepared for the surprise visit by Garth Ennis! 2 signed books and a picture with the man himself! :)

14 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

That was me. The rows of New Teen Titans 1 are because of a running joke between me and Marc Nathan - every year we put up a single row of something. A couple years ago it was New Teen Titans 2, before that was She-Hulk 1. If you look closer, one row is newsstand, one row is direct sales. 

Loved your booth.  It was well organized, friendly staff (I'm assuming your daughter was helping out as I heard her refer to "Dad"), and the inventory was outstanding.  Something for every taste and seemed like a steady flow of happy customers.  Well done.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

How much did you day for parking?   Usually it runs about $20 which isn't bad at all considering the location.   This time I paid $28, but that was for overnight.  Again, not terrible. 

11 minute walk for me and it was $40 from Thurs. night to Sunday morning.