• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

This is for Jimmy. I don't think any Golden Age collector would consider this original-material book "spoon"! ;)

Gorgeous 5.0 Jon. It presents VERY well for the grade! :applause:

Edited by eccomic

This is for Jimmy. I don't think any Golden Age collector would consider this original-material book "spoon"! ;)

I wish I could take 'em all home with me, Steve. :sorry:

I wish I could take 'em all home with me, Steve. :sorry:

You and I both... :(

Make that three of us.

On a separate note I happened across a photo of one of my favorite non-superhero cover whites.

Just love the colors on it and was fortunate enough to get a pretty decent copy.

Enjoy

wow_zpsatzz37da.jpg

Make that three of us.

On a separate note I happened across a photo of one of my favorite non-superhero cover whites.

Just love the colors on it and was fortunate enough to get a pretty decent copy.

Enjoy

wow_zpsatzz37da.jpg

I love that cover. So cool. There's just something about the color on those Bells that has me smitten.

Don't know if you guys know yet but the Library and Archives of Canada has digitized their collection of Bell Features comics and has had them up for a couple of months on line. Go to their Library Search page at:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/lac-bac/results/lib?FormName=AMICUS+Simple+Search&PageNum=1&SortSpec=score+desc&Language=eng&QueryParser=lac_amicus&Sources=amicus&SearchIn_1=&SearchInText_1=dime+comics+no.+1&Operator_1=AND&SearchIn_2=&SearchInText_2=&Operator_2=AND&SearchIn_3=&SearchInText_3=&ParaUserView=UserView.Lac&Publication=&SourceLanguage=+++&Format=&MaterialDateOperator=after&MaterialDate=&ResultCount=10&MaterialSource=

and put in a title such as "Dime Comics" and you get a link like this which list further links to each of the issues they have of that title:

http://amicus.collectionscanada.gc.ca/aaweb-bin/aamain/itemdisp?sessionKey=999999999_142&l=0&d=2&v=0&lvl=1&itm=16526995

It's been a long time in coming but they've done a great job and now everybody gets to see these great issues in complete form.

(hope those links work--they could have made it a lot easier but you know academic archives....)

what are the interiors on this one? American reprints? FBI isn't a Cdn institution!

I normally think of 1941-1946 as whites and 1947 as FECA but I guess this must be one of the first FECA books?

RAD05C61201668_144019.jpg

Cover obviously from Joke 23

joke23-300x433.jpg

^ wouldn't that imply the label is wrong... the "canadian edition" notation shouldn't be there, no? This would be the only edition, would it not, and would have had distribution on both sides of the border as a FECA book, no?

Here's LAC's Dime 26 cover:

e011166588.pdf

boy what lovely condition.

I can't believe they wrote the LAC notation on the inside fc though. Ugh.

^ wouldn't that imply the label is wrong... the "canadian edition" notation shouldn't be there, no? This would be the only edition, would it not, and would have had distribution on both sides of the border as a FECA book, no?

Unfortunately, CGC STILL puts "Canadian Edition" on comics that were only published in Canada. :frustrated:

Unfortunately, CGC STILL puts "Canadian Edition" on comics that were only published in Canada. :frustrated:

Yeah, when I wrote that I had just compared to another of your whites, and it did NOT have the 'cdn edition' notation, but now looking at some of your others... they do.

Not to mention the nearly complete lack of character and artist information on the label. Come on cgc (tsk) If you don't know, just ask!

My point though wrt to this particular book is that its highly unlikely it was distributed only in Canada. It is far enough post war to have been on both sides of the border, and the simple fact its called "FBI" (we don't HAVE an FBI) means it almost certainly had US distribution...

Unless I'm missing something this is simply an FBI comics 2. Just a single edition for both US and Canada.

Stephen, others, correct me if I'm wrong please?

My point though wrt to this particular book is that its highly unlikely it was distributed only in Canada. It is far enough post war to have been on both sides of the border, and the simple fact its called "FBI" (we don't HAVE an FBI) means it almost certainly had US distribution...

Unless I'm missing something this is simply an FBI comics 2. Just a single edition for both US and Canada.

Stephen, others, correct me if I'm wrong please?

Bell logo is the same as the FE Howard logo on Super Duper Comics # 3

I would suggest this copy was in fact distributed in the USA