• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

With every new picture or bit of footage released it continues to confirm the hard fact that Pierce Brosnan's Fate is maybe the most perfect casting since RDJR as Iron Man and he alone is going to put a good deal of our butts into those theatre seats.

Anything else good that comes from this movie is just bonus cherry on top at this point.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, Sauce Dog said:

With every new picture or bit of footage released it continues to confirm the hard fact that Pierce Brosnan's Fate is maybe the most perfect casting since RDJR as Iron Man and he alone is going to put a good deal of our butts into those theatre seats.

Anything else good that comes from this movie is just bonus cherry on top at this point.

Don't forget Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

The teaser from this weekend makes Black Adam look like it fits perfectly in the DCEU that Snyder was setting up. The aesthetic simply matches up perfectly (again, from just the trailer).

During San Diego Comic-Con 2022, Black Adam producers Flynn and Garcia spoke to Screen Rant at a WB press line. While promoting the upcoming DC film, the producers tackled the question of how to do justice to Doctor Fate and his power-set. To both Black Adam producers, it was crucial to honor the character's comic roots, especially when having someone as huge as Brosnan behind that helmet. They said:

Beau Flynn: [With] Doctor Fate, we can pay tribute to Pierce Brosnan. One of the great actors of all time, and I think Dr. Fate is also such a unique, very powerful hero that people want to know a ton about.

Hiram Garcia: I agree. I think Hawkman obviously is fantastic, but the fun thing about Fate is that we have the technology to do Fate and take care of him the right way. Because Fate is one of those guys that is hard to do practical; you've got to have some technology on your side. To be able to bring him to screen and know what a fan-favorite he is? That's really exciting.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

DC Shop listed the Jim Lee's Black Adam action figure and it sold out within the week.

Black_Adam.PNG.331775262bb303a415ad7a7765d00c04.PNG

Not surprising. Right now the Rock can sell anything.

"I am the elder of the group," former Bond star Brosnan tells Total Film in the new issue of the magazine, which features Black Adam on the cover. "I’m assured he’s one of the oldest characters in the pantheon of comic-book characters. He’s an archaeologist."

"He has powers to foresee the future, and raise the dead, and teleport, while wearing a gold helmet," he continues.

Is the helmet essential to unleashing the powers?

"Absolutely, yes. It’s a blessing and a curse. It’s almost like a drug addiction in some respects. It takes a lot of energy to wear the helmet. It was a very beautifully designed outfit and helmet, which I’m quite fond of. Jaume Collet-Serra is very inclusive in the collaboration. He was wonderful in the sense that he would send me designs of the helmet, so I could participate in the look of it."

The movie's already a success for me. We're finally getting a new JSA comic, and this one won't be cancelled like last year's version. 

On 8/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, media_junkie said:

Pierce Brosnan sure has aged well.  I should be so lucky.

I had a layover at a Phoenix, AZ airport years ago and in preparing to board the plane I noticed the female flight attendants were all giddy like little girls.

Turns out Pierce Brosnan had been on the previous flight in disguise, practicing for a role. Once they had figured out who he was, he has signing things for them. They were waiving around napkins and movie magazines like they were prizes.

The guy has got the gift.