• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2022 at 3:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

Summary of Black Adam teaser:

nteavGWP.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.01fdb0d2bd85e38580ed5c22c7d9621b.jpg

Ah yes, Hawkman...historically a character noted for his views on the sanctity of life, who would use his words to defuse problems (or was it a large mace to the skull? Whatever, same thing...also, genocide when possible).

I do find it amusing that it's JSA members saying heroes don't kill people...those guys have some of the largest body counts of any golden age heroes :D  (Heck, Doctor Fate alone would casually opt for genocide to solve his problems when he didn't want to waste time dealing with an alien race...yeeting planets into the sun. Sounds like wrecking havoc to me)

(well aware movie characters are not the comic characters :jokealert: )

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 5/19/2022 at 2:00 PM, eastriver31400 said:

Good lord, its true! That 97-pound weakling became the world's most perfectly developed man!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdvyBjPFmaj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wouldn't consider someone who uses steroids to be "perfectly developed". 2c

On 5/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't consider someone who uses steroids to be "perfectly developed". 2c

Steroids? No way. I disagree. You forget he was also a PRO wrestler. 

‘I’m guessing  you never heard of Charles Atlas and “dynamic tension” training.

A0DF57DD-14C9-4D79-BE2B-136E26F966F6.jpeg

On 5/20/2022 at 8:14 AM, eastriver31400 said:

Steroids? No way. I disagree. You forget he was also a PRO wrestler. 

‘I’m guessing  you never heard of Charles Atlas and “dynamic tension” training.

A0DF57DD-14C9-4D79-BE2B-136E26F966F6.jpeg

There's a 0% chance that Dwayne Johnson is natural. He's 50-years old and works-out 6 days a week. That is biologically impossible recovery without steroids.

Edit to Add: Most "pro wrestlers" are on steroids. They're acting out scripted events. I'm not sure how that would be a defense of The Rock.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, The Meta said:

Ya don't kid yourself

Every wrestler from 80s onwards was a roider.

Rock is no exception 

Yeah, I edited to add that almost all "pro wrestlers" are on steroids. Any PT worth their salt will tell you that, "if they look like they take steroids, then they do". You cannot get those gains, stay hydrated + alive, and look the way DJ does 24/7 without steroids. It's just literally impossible.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:24 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, I edited to add that almost all "pro wrestlers" are on steroids. Any PT worth their salt will tell you that, "if they look like they take steroids, then they do". You cannot get those gains, stay hydrated + alive, and look the way DJ does 24/7 without steroids. It's just literally impossible.

It is possible to be running around at 12% body fat, and extremely fit, but nowhere near that size

Out of all the body building literature I've perused, one comment always stands out.

How the majority of the population, your arm size, at maximum, is 18 inches.

Body builders tend to sit around 22 inches.

When asked, Mike Tyson declared he was 16 inches. Now I'm not sure if that was true or not, but "looks" are deceiving. 

People carry their bodies differently, and we all develop differently. 

While its pretty much proven Arnold did steriods, you cannot take away the fact that he is definitely genetically gifted.

Not sure how much genetics plays in Dwayne Johnsons case, but I highly doubt its at Arnold levels, which is where he's sitting, if he were to be a pro bodybuilder