• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

In a Screen Rant exclusive interview with Garcia, he shed some details on the version of Hawkman in the film. Garcia mentions how this version of Hawkman has been around for a while and references his various reincarnations, confirming the character will be similar in origin to the original Hawkman. As Hodge is playing a superhero there is certain shape audiences expect him to be in, and Garcia says that Hodge will not disappoint. Garcia said:

"And he brought such a weight and poise and coolness to Hawkman. Hawkman's already such a beloved character, but to watch Aldis take control of the character and portray a performance that alludes to a character who has dealt with so much, has been around for so many years. Obviously, reincarnations, iterations, and for fans that are familiar with Hawkman, they know what a bit of a tragic past and love story he has. That Aldis was really able to tap into it. And not to mention, he also got in incredible shape. I remember the first time we finally got in person in Atlanta and he was jacked. I like to call it the Dwayne Johnson effect where any actor who's around Dwayne's like, "Oh, I've got to up my game." And he came in, in incredible shape. His arms were huge. And just, and he's also really skilled just on top of his acting, but physically as an athlete and as a tactician, when it comes to martial arts and so forth."

"He had covered every aspect. He had dedicated so much time to wanting to cover everything with Hawkman that I think fans are going to really be excited with the energy he brings to the character. And also just the coolness that he takes his character who's been around forever. But seeing it through Aldis' eyes is really fun."

One Take News has learnt that Henry Winkler will be playing the original Atom Smasher, Al Pratt. The Direct first reported that the character would appear in the film but up until recently, it was unknown who’d be playing Al Pratt. Sources tell us he’s only in the film in a short cameo when Noah Centenio’s Albert Rothstein/Atom Smasher FaceTimes him to talk about his new job and the Atom Smasher suit. Our source specifically mentioned that Al Pratt has a line telling Rothstein not to destroy the suit. This scene has the same kind of banter as a Hank Pym/Scott Lang scene and it’s also tonally similar.

This cameo came out of left field for me and it sounds like it’s a really fun role. Winkler does lots of fun roles like this and seeing him in the same movie as the Rock is really cool. This cameo could be the start of a recurring role for Winkler in the DCEU but only time will tell.