• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2022 at 10:57 PM, D84 said:

I loved it. :censored: the critics.

The only problem I had was the sound mix. I had to strain to hear the dialogue at times, but that could have been the theater.

Give it a shot, you might be surprised. 

ovivf7uw2tv21.jpg

Screenshot_20221021-160156_Samsung Internet.jpg

In parts I did get a distinct superman 80s zapping electricity vibe.  Akin of physician heal thyself kind of thing, which was never defined of how the person got hurt to begin with lol

Still was a good movie, yall missing out, but oh well:)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/21/2022 at 4:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

In parts I did get a distinct superman 80s zapping electricity vibe.  Akin of physician heal thyself kind of thing, which was never defined of how the person got hurt to begin with lol

Still was a good movie, yellow missing out, but oh well:)

Slight edit

Hey, Transformers (2007) was not Citizen Kane by any stretch of the imagination but people threw money at the theaters to see Optimus Prime and Megatron beat the heck out of each other and destroy everything around them. 

I have a feeling that people are going to do the same to see for themselves what Dwayne Johnson does as a superhero especially with the line, "Heroes don't kill people". "Well I do."

To that point I saw it in 2d but looking back there were definitely spots that were looking like they had the 3d effect portrayed, had the viewing  I chose been the 3d version. 

Like 3d action that was in 2d, but obviously was put in the movie to be viewed in 3d.

I haven't checked to see if locally 3d offerings were available. :)

On 10/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To that point I saw it in 2d but looking back there were definitely spots that were looking like they had the 3d effect portrayed, had the viewing  I chose been the 3d version. 

Like 3d action that was in 2d, but obviously was put in the movie to be viewed in 3d.

I haven't checked to see if locally 3d offerings were available. :)

Well you should

:baiting:

On 10/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I agree. Eternals was so bad, within 15 minutes I fast forwarded to the end credit scenes. Black Adam can’t possibly be that bad - I do believe that the Rock himself could at least keep it watchable.

eternals is the only comic book based movie i fell asleep in. while eating. in the theater. that's pretty bad. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I don't know, people pretty much ripped Thor and Dr. Strange and most people were generally positive about Batman.  

I personally disliked all three for different reasons and have now decided that I'm not even going to bother with Black Adam.

-J.

this is why i don't read any reviews prior to release and I see it on the first day available. I'm a huge Black Adam and Rock mark, so I went in there with no preset opinions. Glad I wasn't disappointed. 

On 10/21/2022 at 5:53 PM, Lpgk said:

this is why i don't read any reviews prior to release and I see it on the first day available. I'm a huge Black Adam and Rock mark, so I went in there with no preset opinions. Glad I wasn't disappointed. 

hm 

Will MJF shake the hand of Paul Levesque on January 2nd, 2024 ?

On 10/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, Lpgk said:

maybe MJF will give CM Punk a bro hug in front of HHH witnessing their WM contract signing. Let's mark out even further. LOL

lol there are more of us on these boards that would mark out than most realize.  We all really need a thread... 

On 10/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, Lpgk said:

Usin' the wrestlin' terms. I like it.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol there are more of us on these boards that would mark out than most realize.  We all really need a thread... 

start it. i'll be more active on that than the She Hulk defense thread. 

I haven't watched wrestling for like 15 years but I catch snippets online here and there. If anything, I'm more into collecting the figures they come out with.