• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

The franchise's second installment is just about to hit theaters, and Leto is clearly excited. The Morbius actor took to twitter to drum up some excitement for Venom: Let There Be Carnage amongst his followers by sharing the film's poster and release date, as well as a winking caption. 

Not a bad trailer. I am curious to see if they can pull off making a bit player from the Spidey-verse into a big draw. 

Hopefully the Black Cat teaser means that we will see the rumored team up movie with Silver Sable and others at some point.

Edited by kimik

So, this is a rare trailer that didn't outright give everything away...so kudos to that at least. Looks better than I expected (though palm cutting still, seriously, he's a doctor - he would know its better to cut literally anywhere else other than the least fleshy parts we use daily!)

Since I haven't spoiled myself on the movie, I'm going to just safely assume that another scientist will reproduce the experiment on himself (or take Morbius' blood for a transfusion), lose control and start killing, but master his powers in less time than it took Morbius, and quickly become the main villain just in time for a mirror match climax that involves some sort of riveting commentary like "we are both monsters now....NO, YOU are a monster -I am a man!" or "You and I are more alike than you think..."). Blazing that classic trail as established by Iron Man, Ant-Man, Venom, Hulk...and...all the rest of em, le sigh :D

Edited by Sauce Dog

Given that Spider-Man: No Way Home is about multiverse shenanigans and converging timelines, there’s a sense that Peter Parker’s fight with Dafoe’s Green Goblin will end either with his death or with everything being put back in its proper place. In other words, there isn't much expectation for him to return. However, the Morbius trailer has an Oscorp Easter egg that can lead to Norman Osborn having a role in the MCU that goes far beyond No Way Home. The Oscorp logo on a building in the trailer proves that the Green Goblin’s company - and in turn, Norman Obsorn himself - exist in Morbius’ universe.

Uh, no.

They could easily introduce Goblin the right way, because Peter is still in high school. Just the back story would change between him and Harry

Keep It Simple Stupid 

Since no one has said it, I’m tired of this trend where they slow down classic songs for trailers in an attempt to be edgy and cool. And are they really going to use a song that was in The Lost Boys? YOU DON’T EVEN LOOK IN THE LOST BOYS GENERAL DIRECTION MORBIUS! Let alone try to allude to it with a bastardized version of a masterpiece by the Doors. Ok, I’ll return when my BP lowers.

The second trailer for Morbius has arrived, and it's certainly causing conversation amongst fans of superhero cinema. The trailer itself includes another shot of Michael Keaton in character, seemingly reprising his role as Adrian Toomes from Spider-Man: Homecoming. Beyond that, the trailer happened to use two different logos from Andrew Garfield's The Amazing Spider-Man franchise — the logo on the OsCorp Skyscraper and the masthead on a copy of the Daily Bugle. If you're already scratching your head, that's not all.

There's also the time Michael Morbius (Jared Leto) walks in front of a Spider-Man poster, where the web-slinger is apparently wearing the same suit Tobey Maguire wore in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Franchise. Then, to cap it all off, Morbius himself specifically mentions Venom in the trailer's closing moments. In a two-and-a-half-minute trailer, the film references what seems to be four separate franchises.

Because of that, it's all but guaranteed Morbius isn't set within the proper Marvel Cinematic Universe. At face value, we have to assume it belongs in Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters, which seems to be an amalgamation of most movies Sony has done before. In fact, since Spider-Man: No Way Home is a co-production between Sony and Marvel Studios, it's likely Sony's also using it to mix up their own multiverse, in addition to the one the Kevin Feige-led outfit is already hard at work on.

While the multiverse has been well-established in the MCU, it's possible Sony will use No Way Home to have their own Secret Wars moment and combine all of their franchises under a single continuity. After all, Sony boss Sanford Panitch has said everything will make much more sense after the threequel.