• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 3:39 AM, Joshua33 said:

Dude literally has a best supporting actor academy award.

They may have had prestige, before, but I'm not sure that awards mean anything in the 21st century.

Plenty of award-winning actors and actresses blow performances. Just look at Leto in Suicide Squad or Larsen in Captain Marvel.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They may have had prestige, before, but I'm not sure that awards mean anything in the 21st century.

Plenty of award-winning actors and actresses blow performances. Just look at Leto in Suicide Squad or Larsen in Captain Marvel.

Totally agree. My argument was against saying he stinks in every movie where he ISN'T the star. I referenced Dallas Buyers Club, but there's also Requiem for a Dream, Fight Club, American Psycho, and most recently... The Little Things. @Randall Dowling is a homey... but I just can't agree. There are too many movies where as a small role actor, or supporting actor, he's perfect. 

His portrayal of Joker... wet garbage.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 3/25/2022 at 9:57 AM, paperheart said:

The review embargo for ‘Morbius’ lifts on March 30 hm

Interesting enough that first comment on social media...

So a social media practice to build the same message is you establish an echo chamber series of posts. That same tweet from this one individual was then reposted multiple times under different accounts. Then to add onto this messaging the questionable website We Got This Covered published it in an article. Which then brings more imprints, raising its visibility on Twitter.

The first wave of ‘Morbius’ reactions are pretty much what you were expecting

That's a method utilized by a fanatical MCU fanbase to ensure any Marvel movie not from Marvel Studios is trashed out of the gate. And of course it leads to the typical "just hand it back to Marvel".

But...um...did you read the description of the end credits scene?

It sounds *absurd*.

Separately, I doubt there's a concerted social media effort to black-ball or denigrate this film. Because I doubt the film itself needs help in that regard...

On 3/25/2022 at 2:13 PM, Gatsby77 said:

But...um...did you read the description of the end credits scene?

It sounds *absurd*.

Separately, I doubt there's a concerted social media effort to black-ball or denigrate this film. Because I doubt the film itself needs help in that regard...

Um...if someone is openly posting information about a credit scene (a teaser of things to come as a treat to moviegoers), naturally that is someone trying to spoil the details in advance purposely.

Not to say this is going to be a great film. But there is hinting to dissatisfaction but allowing others to make their own determination, and then there is outright purposely trying to reveal all the details.

Um :baiting:

On 3/25/2022 at 2:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

Um...if someone is openly posting information about a credit scene (a teaser of things to come as a treat to moviegoers), naturally that is someone trying to spoil the details in advance purposely.

Not to say this is going to be a great film. But there is hinting to dissatisfaction but allowing others to make their own determination, and then there is outright purposely trying to reveal all the details.

Um :baiting:

?

I'm not trying to spoil anything about the film.

However, it was spoiled for me on Twitter this morning.

Because it was one of *many* elements of the film that were being derided.

And - if correct - criticism of the post-credits scene is warranted.

Because it's ridiculous.

Okay - fine. Spoiler, folks: There's (gasp!) a post-credit scene.

oh man, I just read the spoilers outlining the biggest bait-and-switch issues with the movie. You almost have to laugh how much of a colossal stain of disappointment this movie is going to be to Spider-Man fans. 

Will slot this movie in for a proper cheap-drunk night film when I need something on in the background :D

On 3/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Yeah, I don't like him as an actor very much.  He's ok for this movie physically - i.e. he "looks like" Michael Morbius - but I think there's at least a 75 percent chance he'll ruin it with his performance.  Very unfortunate.

not sure that any of the early impressions have blamed the suckiness of the movie on him and his acting have they?

bad CGI, bad editing isn't the actors fault .....and a turd screenplay can only be elevated so high 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 3/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

not sure that any of the early impressions have blamed the suckiness of the movie on him and his acting have they?

bad CGI, bad editing isn't the actors fault .....and a turd screenplay can only be elevated so high 

Agreed - there are a lot of things that could be wrong or "bad" that have nothing to do with the acting talent.  On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't expect Jared Leto to elevate any kind of -script, and certainly not an otherwise bad one.  I hope the bad buzz is wrong and he and the movie are great.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:22 PM, paperheart said:

i hope this guy isn't on the boards, he'd get lambasted

Morbius Director Reveals Post-Credits Scene Spoilers & Details

Or at a minimum celebrated by some individual as he posts "I knew this was a turd the entire time" while inserting the Metacritic rating:baiting: