• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, D84 said:

Anyone else notice with Marvel movies, we've become more excited by cameos than the movie itself?

It depends on the context. Morbius is not a household name, so a Maguire Spider-Man cameo is potentially big news and exciting for an otherwise not-too-exciting production.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It depends on the context. Morbius is not a household name, so a Maguire Spider-Man cameo is potentially big news and exciting for an otherwise not-too-exciting production.

I'm hearing same about almost every marvel production now. Who will it setup? Blah, blah, blah. Very few seem excited about the stories anymore.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, D84 said:

I'm hearing same about almost every marvel production now. Who will it setup? Blah, blah, blah. Very few seem excited about the stories anymore.

That kinda stuff from the mindless MCU zombies is dumb and annoying, which is why I mentioned that the context matters. For example, I could get excited for DS2 without Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer.

The biggest surprise from that trailer is the restraint they showed by NOT putting some sort of reference to Tobey Maguire in it (if the rumours are true) in order to try and get that Spider-Man cash money (though I fully understand that they might have not been allowed to market the movie with him in such an explicit way).

otherwise...

FMsrrYuXMAMHYEN.thumb.jpeg.93823088965a8e47cb2f5983a3e61f3c.jpeg

On 2/28/2022 at 10:11 PM, Sauce Dog said:

The biggest surprise from that trailer is the restraint they showed by NOT putting some sort of reference to Tobey Maguire in it (if the rumours are true) in order to try and get that Spider-Man cash money (though I fully understand that they might have not been allowed to market the movie with him in such an explicit way).

otherwise...

FMsrrYuXMAMHYEN.thumb.jpeg.93823088965a8e47cb2f5983a3e61f3c.jpeg

That's me with batman and top gun

On 2/28/2022 at 11:16 PM, paperheart said:

‘Morbius’ & Other Sony Planned Future Films Pulled From Russia Release

both Venom movies did $32MM, so no small deal