• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, D84 said:

That looks like a romance novel book jacket.

Even those have better budget than what went into this poster - using the default Photoshop texturizer filter as well as one of the default basic Artistic filters (which are fine when you use them as a subtle addition to a design, not when its the only thing you apply to the art at maximum settings)...they might as well just threw in a hard drop shadow and lens flair while they were at it :D

On 3/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Even those have better budget than what went into this poster - using the default Photoshop texturizer filter as well as one of the default basic Artistic filters (which are fine when you use them as a subtle addition to a design, not when its the only thing you apply to the art at maximum settings)...they might as well just threw in a hard drop shadow and lens flair while they were at it :D

Yeah, it was a clearly a five minute job.

You know what I'm now hoping for (which is 100% never happening)...That the Tobey Maguire appearance is in fact a framing story, we find that Spider-Man is sitting in a hospital visiting a kid who got hurt in an accident and is telling them a fantastical story (ala Princess Bride). When he tries telling him about his own adventures (perhaps starts with a Vulture story) the kid interrupts and says 'No, I want a SPOOKY character! Vulture is a lame bird!'. So Spider-Man makes up this story about a vampire (and inserts Vulture at one point, to which the kid blurts out to him "HEY! This isn't a Vulture story! Get back to the scary stuff!!!" "Sigh, FINE - you kids these days don't have any appreciation for the CLASSIC villains!")

Edited by Sauce Dog

In a time when few chose to attend movie theaters, Jared Leto says Marvel movies swooped in to save cinema as we know it. As exhibitors began to clamp down and close their locations amidst rising COVID cases, the Oscar-winning actor suggests it was Hollywood's biggest franchise to swoop in and set things right. The Morbius star appears in this week's cover story in Variety, and he makes such claims in his story.

"If it wasn't for Marvel films, I don't even know if theaters would exist," the actor told the trade. "It doesn't seem like there's room for everyone, and that starts to become a little heartbreaking. I also have gratitude for these movies because they're keeping cinema alive."

in what should come as no surprise to anyone; guessing a 40's Metacritic score in the offing :wishluck:

Morbius' Early Screenings Reportedly Disappointed Movie Critics

The buzz from early screenings of Morbius is disappointing, as journalists and critics are reportedly not impressed by Sony’s latest comic book movie.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Jared Leto is radioactive to the success of any film when he's not the star.  I don't believe it gets better with more of him.

Yeah, I don't like him as an actor very much.  He's ok for this movie physically - i.e. he "looks like" Michael Morbius - but I think there's at least a 75 percent chance he'll ruin it with his performance.  Very unfortunate.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Jared Leto is radioactive to the success of any film when he's not the star.  I don't believe it gets better with more of him.

Dallas Buyers Club...

Dude literally has a best supporting actor academy award. Stop it. 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, paperheart said:

in what should come as no surprise to anyone; guessing a 40's Metacritic score in the offing :wishluck:

Morbius' Early Screenings Reportedly Disappointed Movie Critics

The buzz from early screenings of Morbius is disappointing, as journalists and critics are reportedly not impressed by Sony’s latest comic book movie.

I saw this posted on social media last week from an account calling itself MCU the Direct (gee - wonder where its allegiance lands?).

Then that post started getting mass-quoted. Especially by accounts proclaiming it should have been done in the MCU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?src=typed_query&q=Morbius Early Screenings Reportedly Disappointed Movie Critics

That's how social media influences opinions. If you say something enough times, then it must be real. Multiple accounts from India said so!