• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 8

245 posts in this topic

Congrats to the following who NAILED IT 893applaud-thumb.gif

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Congrats, nailers! If you don't mind sharing your secrets, what did you see in the book that made you recognize it was only an 8.5? The bottom corners are soft (especially the LLC BC), and the spine did have some visible stresses, but none that appeared too severe. Did you assume that there were more of them than the scan indicated?

Share secrets? No way! 27_laughing.gif I still have some catching up to do first. shy.gif

What I will say is that Greggy told me that I was the only person who asked about the main defect that pushed it down to 8.5 in my view.

...and thus your 8.5 is more correct than the other guys' 8.5s, therefore, you get 4.5. Is that where this is going? tonofbricks.gif

Congrats to the following who NAILED IT 893applaud-thumb.gif

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Congrats, nailers! If you don't mind sharing your secrets, what did you see in the book that made you recognize it was only an 8.5? The bottom corners are soft (especially the LLC BC), and the spine did have some visible stresses, but none that appeared too severe. Did you assume that there were more of them than the scan indicated?

Share secrets? No way! 27_laughing.gif I still have some catching up to do first. shy.gif

What I will say is that Greggy told me that I was the only person who asked about the main defect that pushed it down to 8.5 in my view.

Corner crease top right? confused-smiley-013.gif

Interior tanning of the covers...duh! screwy.gif

Eddly - Dropped out

Ultimatevenom - Dropped out

Awe4One - Dropped out

Trevorlsmith - Dropped out

Lantern - Dropped out

Quitters. poke2.gif

If I was you, I'd know what I was talking about before labeling anyone... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

Jim, if I were you, I'd learn how to take a joke. flowerred.gif

So you're saying the major defect was one that was not even visible in the scans?
It was apparent to bono and in my scans. Maybe you brighten it too much during your photoshop review! poke2.gif

Sorry, I don't have an x-ray filter in photoshop. Besides, you won't have to worry about my scans anymore.
sorry.gif You can see it on the back cover! foreheadslap.gif

I can see the interior of the back cover, on the back cover? Duh.
You can see the discolouration at the edges! Don't go hatin' on me now! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I can see the discoloration of the edges OF THE OUTSIDE COVER!

This is supposed to be about grading, not extra-sensory perception. What did the graders notes say?

This is supposed to be about grading, not extra-sensory perception. What did the graders notes say?

Errr...I mentioned above that the tanning on the interior covers was the main defect. There is no tanning on the pages because it has OWW pages.

Have no idea what the notes say! confused-smiley-013.gif

You mentioned what the main defect was... after the round was over. And it was a defect not visible in the scans. We should have been supplied with that information to begin with. screwy.gif

You mentioned what the main defect was... after the round was over. And it was a defect not visible in the scans. We should have been supplied with that information to begin with. screwy.gif

I have to agree with Redhook. The book itself looks very clean structurally. There are very small defects that you can see, but I certainly can't see enough to take it down to that level.

You said this:

If you see the discoloration of the outside cover, then you could have followed up with a question regarding the degree on the inside. Discolorations aren't normally isolated to the outside anyways. So..pizz off because I've created a disruption in time, as you and Russ have agreed on something! flamed.gif

And of course it was the natural assumption to make because one person out of 70 made it. screwy.gif

Next time put a little more effort into presenting the book. And your scans are too dark.

When I said a few rounds ago that we need graders' notes every round, I believe I got no backup from anyone and nothing but "We don't need to steenkin graders' notes" from a few others.

I was hoping something like this would happen. yay.gif