• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 8

245 posts in this topic

First, it's a copy of a whackarse title; then it it gets a 8.5 from CGC? THis book might as well line the bottom of a birdcage, it's so worthless smirk.gif

I feel sorry.gif for whoever owns this book now and in the future frown.gif

Hats Off to anyone that nailed THAT ONE!

That was a friggin' BEAR!

foreheadslap.gif

color breaking creases on the spine

sunshadow front and back

slightly rounded corners

Ink density isn't that bright

some paint flecks on the cover have lifted

page quality

didn't even really factor in the staples and i didn't ask a single question other then why any hetro male would cop to owning a copy of this book confused-smiley-013.gif

I actually like it, it's good to not be a whore to the industry and collect what you like.

I was going to originally give it the 8.5 BUT, the ink density and sunshadow was enough for me to downgrade it more.

Congrats to the following who NAILED IT 893applaud-thumb.gif

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Congrats, nailers! If you don't mind sharing your secrets, what did you see in the book that made you recognize it was only an 8.5? The bottom corners are soft (especially the LLC BC), and the spine did have some visible stresses, but none that appeared too severe. Did you assume that there were more of them than the scan indicated?

Hats Off to anyone that nailed THAT ONE!

That was a friggin' BEAR!

foreheadslap.gif

color breaking creases on the spine

sunshadow front and back

slightly rounded corners

Ink density isn't that bright

some paint flecks on the cover have lifted

page quality

didn't even really factor in the staples and i didn't ask a single question other then why any hetro male would cop to owning a copy of this book confused-smiley-013.gif

I actually like it, it's good to not be a whore to the industry and collect what you like.

I was going to originally give it the 8.5 BUT, the ink density and sunshadow was enough for me to downgrade it more.

Nice analysis......but I thought CGC pretty much ignored sunshadows. I still have the image of a hideous Daredevil from the first of Niko's contests.

Congrats, nailers! If you don't mind sharing your secrets, what did you see in the book that made you recognize it was only an 8.5?

210002.jpg

Congrats, nailers! If you don't mind sharing your secrets, what did you see in the book that made you recognize it was only an 8.5? The bottom corners are soft (especially the LLC BC), and the spine did have some visible stresses, but none that appeared too severe. Did you assume that there were more of them than the scan indicated?

8ball.jpg

..... replay from the first grading contest. Funny thing....I didn't update the grade I originally put in there.

8ball.jpg

..... replay from the first grading contest. Funny thing....I didn't update the grade I originally put in there.

Damn....what grade do you see for Round 9... confused-smiley-013.gif

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Share secrets? No way! 27_laughing.gif I still have some catching up to do first. shy.gif

What I will say is that Greggy told me that I was the only person who asked about the main defect that pushed it down to 8.5 in my view.

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Share secrets? No way! 27_laughing.gif I still have some catching up to do first. shy.gif

What I will say is that Greggy told me that I was the only person who asked about the main defect that pushed it down to 8.5 in my view.

Corner crease top right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I knew I should have asked about the art and story inside! foreheadslap.gif

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

Corner crease top right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I got that too! And I still stupidly pushed it higher!

All I know of is that foxing/taning has been my downfall for the last two rounds. Which I can understand because I generally stay away from books like that, so I have no idea how much CGC downgrades for it. Based on the last 2 rounds, CGC downgrades quite a bit for foxing/tanning.

1 Hobbes

2 TheBeyonder

3 FFB

4 MrWoogieman

5 Davidking623

is it that line that's going through the guitar and the thing above it on the BC? confused-smiley-013.gif