• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Depends on what you want to discuss at that point in time. There is no 'you shall only discuss comic book character designs, actor placement, or if their costumes and looks match the source material'.

If some folks are excited to see what these movies make because naturally that leads to sequels or similar movies, is that an issue? For a long period of time, there was just as much bickering over movie characters not matching the comic books. So it's not like less conflict comes from JUST discussing comic books and the movie storylines that come from these.

It seems kind of empty to me...it's like discussing how many women George Clooney has slept with lol

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The money imho 

As fans of these characters and movies we should be less concerned with "box office" and more concerned with how good they are. I understand that people are interested in how much such and such movie makes because if it does well enough there will be a sequel.

But good gravy, some people go on like they own stock in the movie studios.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

It seems kind of empty to me...it's like discussing how many women George Clooney has slept with lol

Then don't participate in those portions of the discussion. Not try and regulate it.

I'm not meaning to pick on you. But remember there were movies you would get all excited the actor was too tall, not bulky enough, not the right color compared to the source material. So you would hotly debate the topic. Some would say that comes across as empty, as who cares if the belt buckle on Thor and the lack of a helmet doesn't match the comic books? If a super-solid story gets delivered, and the general look and feel - great for us all as hobby fans.

Then don't participate in those portions of the discussion. Not try and regulate it.

I'm not meaning to pick on you. But remember there were movies you would get all excited the actor was too tall, not bulky enough, not the right color compared to the source material. So you would hotly debate the topic. Some would say that comes across as empty, as who cares if the belt buckle on Thor and the lack of a helmet doesn't match the comic books? If a super-solid story gets delivered, and the general look and feel - great for us all as hobby fans.

Yes, I remember you mocking me with your signature for a long time.

Yes, I remember you mocking me with your signature for a long time.

You want to start some garbage all over again versus having respectful conversations? My memory is pretty darn good too. Yet I am being very respectful to you nonetheless because of that last PM you sent me.

Your call.

You want to start some garbage all over again versus having respectful conversations? My memory is pretty darn good too. Yet I am being very respectful to you nonetheless because of that last PM you sent me.

Your call.

Why is that starting garbage? You told me not to regulate conversation which is kind of regulating the conversation lol

Did you not mock me with your signature for a long time? Please, tell me if I'm wrong and I will apologize.

Why is that starting garbage? You told me not to regulate conversation which is kind of regulating the conversation lol

Did you not mock me with your signature for a long time? Please, tell me if I'm wrong and I will apologize.

You did plenty to antagonize people. And I appreciated you finally admitting that to me. So I left it as we were straight. That last apology was good enough for me.

Move on and find someone else to work your problems out with. I really don't have time for your 'trip down selective memory lane'.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

You did plenty to antagonize people. And I appreciated you finally admitting that to me. So I left it as we were straight. That last apology was good enough for me.

Move on and find someone else to work your problems out with. I really don't have time for your 'trip down selective memory lane'.

So you're telling me to leave your thread?

:facepalm:

Just now, Logan510 said:

So you're telling me to leave your thread?

:facepalm:

You're doing it again. Nobody told you to leave a thread. Cut out the drama, Casey.

You can participate in a thread, and not have to respond to an individual.

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

As fans of these characters and movies we should be less concerned with "box office" and more concerned with how good they are. I understand that people are interested in how much such and such movie makes because if it does well enough there will be a sequel.

But good gravy, some people go on like they own stock in the movie studios.

Unfortunately, how good a movie is in today's world is less important than what it makes.  Sequels are based almost purely on box office, which is disheartening to many fans. Look at some recent movies.  SS was pretty much a disaster, but a sequel was quickly announced based on revenues.  Blade Runner 2049 was critically popular, was liked by most people who saw it, and set up for another film which is never going to happen due to box office. Even JL which a lot of people liked is much less likely to see an immediate sequel, again due to money.

As for the Darkseed being removed.  I am not sure this anything to due with Whedon or even this current film.  I though the whole two parter thing had been dropped a long time ago. So without massively reworking the -script including him would not have made much sense.

You're doing it again. Nobody told you to leave a thread. Cut out the drama, Casey.

You can participate in a thread, and not have to respond to an individual.

You said you were tired of people picking apart the DC movies for sport, your words. I asked what was worse, people discussing what they didn't like about the movies or people going on and on and on about the numbers as if they were producing the darn things.

You then told me not to participate in those portions of the discussion if I didn't like it.

Did that not happen?

2 minutes ago, drotto said:

Unfortunately, how good a movie is in today's world is less important than what it makes.  Sequels are based almost purely on box office, which is disheartening to many fans. Look at some recent movies.  SS was pretty much a disaster, but a sequel was quickly announced based on revenues.  Blade Runner 2049 was critically popular, was liked by most people who saw it, and set up for another film which is never going to happen due to box office. Even JL which a lot of people liked is much less likely to see an immediate sequel, again due to money.

As for the Darkseed being removed.  I am not sure this anything to due with Whedon or even this current film.  I though the whole two parter thing had been dropped a long time ago. So without massively reworking the --script including him would not have made much sense.

Of course, I never said any different. I'm just bemused that a certain section of fandom seems more obsessed with the numbers than the actual content / quality.

You said you were tired of people picking apart the DC movies for sport, your words. I asked what was worse, people discussing what they didn't like about the movies or people going on and on and on about the numbers as if they were producing the darn things.

You then told me not to participate in those portions of the discussion if I didn't like it.

Did that not happen?

Dude, you said you find the financial discussions empty. I said then for those topics, don't bother with them then versus trying to regulate what people post about.

You attempting to twist the words to fit your 'Bosco told me what to do' when you pretty much were telling people what to do in posting box office details is nothing but trouble in the making. So why do that?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Dude, you said you find the financial discussions empty. I said then for those topics, don't bother with them then versus trying to regulate what people post about.

You attempting to twist the words to fit your 'Bosco told me what to do' when you pretty much were telling people what to do in posting box office details is nothing but trouble in the making. So why do that?

My bad, I wasn't aware this was the "only discuss the box office of the JLA movie" thread.