• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Out of all of those movies I only thought one of them got it close. I really don't need other people's opinions to validate what I think or feel about a movie.

I won't argue with financial success, because all of those movies were financially successful.

Nobody brought up financial success but you.

Give me your ultimate Batman movie pitch. I'd love to hear what would make the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne performance. If you don't mind.

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:
10 minutes ago, revat said:

shots fired at Batman and Robin! AliciaSilverstoneBatgirl 4 Life!

also, go back and check out Batman Forever's soundtrack - U2, Massive Attack, offspring, Flaming Lips, Method Man, Brandy, Mazzy Star AND KISS FROM A ROSE.  One of the great modern movie (non-instrumental) movie soundtracks.

I found the instrumental soundtrack to much like the other works he (Elliott something) did: Interview with a Vampire and The Pelican Brief.

Instrumentals soundtrack on Batman Returns were amazing.  It added so much to the cold and loneliness and all the rest of the emotions, especially with regards to the penguin. 

Also, as a side note:  Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever is easily the #1 ranked love interest in any Batman movie so far. Peak NK.

Edited by revat

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Nobody brought up financial success but you.

Give me your ultimate Batman movie pitch. I'd love to hear what would make the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne performance. If you don't mind.

Don't take offense to my bringing up financial success please, it's a fact those movies were financially successful and being financially successful is not always representative of quality.

I'm not a screen writer or a producer, so I have no "ultimate Batman movie pitch" lol

I liked Batman: TAS and Batman Begins, so how about more Batman like that?

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Which Batman movies are you concerned with?

Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were all great representations.

I think they need to go all the way back to be inspired. I want a retro look and not a mech Batfleck look next time.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 minutes ago, revat said:

Instrumentals soundtrack on Batman Returns were amazing.  It added so much to the cold and loneliness and all the rest of the emotions, especially with regards to the penguin. 

Also, as a side note:  Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever is easily the #1 ranked love interest in any Batman movie so far. Peak NK.

Yeah, I liked the "Returns" soundtrack a lot. I still got on CD somewhere.

Trivia note: Rene Russo was originally cast as Chase Meridian before they recast the Bat in "Forever."

Peak Nicole for me would be the "BMX Bandits." No, you're right this one and "To Die For" that year were her finest.

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Don't take offense to my bringing up financial success please, it's a fact those movies were financially successful and being financially successful is not always representative of quality.

I'm not a screen writer or a producer, so I have no "ultimate Batman movie pitch" lol

Try to to check out "The Dark Knight Returns" Part 1 and 2 from DC animation sometime. You'll love it!

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

No offense taken. I know you can go down different paths mistakenly.

Batman Begins was on the list I posted. So definitely agree. One heck of a great origin movie. Now if they could capture the spirit of Batman: TAS, that would be cool.

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think they need to go all the way back to be inspired. I want a retro look and not a mech Batfleck look next time.

Now what would be interesting is with the WB approach of having standalone movies if there were a small series of period-piece films on some of the core characters. Although with the Elseworld Series they seem to be considering, they can bounce Batman back in time to some really interesting times and spin a great story around it like Gotham By Gaslight or The Blue, The Gray and The Bat.

Just now, NewEnglandGothic said:

Try to to check out "The Dark Knight Returns" Part 1 and 2 from DC animation sometime. You'll love it!

I've already seen it and enjoyed it for the most part. Obviously you can't fit everything into it, even with 2 parts and I would've preferred Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in their familiar roles...but other than those minor complaints :takeit:

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I've already seen it and enjoyed it for the most part. Obviously you can't fit everything into it, even with 2 parts and I would've preferred Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in their familiar roles...but other than those minor complaints :takeit:

Yeah, Peter Weller was a bit too weary. But that is my only complaint.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Yeah, Peter Weller was a bit too weary. But that is my only complaint.

Conroy showed he could do "old Batman" in the Batman Beyond series, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to go in another direction.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Now what would be interesting is with the WB approach of having standalone movies if there were a small series of period-piece films on some of the core characters. Although with the Elseworld Series they seem to be considering, they can bounce Batman back in time to some really interesting times and spin a great story around it like Gotham By Gaslight or The Blue, The Gray and The Bat.

THIS. 

No super team ups. I don't want to see Darkseid for awhile because I know it will lead down the path of being compared to Thanos in the Avengers which will lead to it being called DC copying Marvel again.

Standalone Lobo,Deathstroke,Wonder Woman and yes eventually Batman and Superman movies.

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

A great example is from Batman the Animated series, the episode where Batman and Superman first meet. Superman approaches Batman to try to get him to stop what he is doing, and Batman simply grabs him and throws him with some kind of judo toss. It was a dismissive "don't mess with me" toss. Superman looks surprised as he is laying on the floor, then he gets up and with super speed and some power he shoulder checks Batman into the wall. Then scans Batman with xray vision to see who he is under the mask. " Bruce Wayne!?!" says Superman, "You peaked" responds Batman.

Batman then stands up and reaches into his utility belt and brings forth a small piece of kryptonite. He has already studied and prepared for all contingencies and was ready for Superman. 

Batman is confident, knows exactly what he is doing and executes with precision and intimidation and it doesn't matter who he is dealing with. Anything less than this and it doesn't feel like Batman.

From The Batman Superman Movie.

Superb.

54 minutes ago, Batman said:

From The Batman Superman Movie.

Superb.

I was thinking this the other day...About BAS and Justice League.

Why are they not using one of the most revered cartoon series of all time as the "building blocks".  I am a "Marvel guy" but by far, my favourite cartoons ever were BAS and Justice League.

With most Hollywood movies, sometimes they "overthink" things (or the suits do) from minor "lets change the suit for NO reason" to major gaffes like say Spider-Man 3 or (gasp) Justice League. I am not saying just make the cartoon "live action" but the blue print for successful DC movies is staring them right in the face.  Basic plots/story arcs, characterizations, interactions between characters, etc.  My judgement could be "clouded" due to my fondness of those shows, but that is my humble opinion.