• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACG Classic Covers?
3 3

84 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Now, the humor stuff is a different story. Some of my favorite humor books are ACG. These qualify as classic to semi classic I think.

comhaha46.jpg

comgiggle63.jpg

comgiggle47.JPG

comgiggle51.JPG

Those horror selections are really cool RM! 

As for the humor/funny animal, yes some real winners by ACG. I hemmed and hawed over a copy of Ha Ha 20 on MCS site late this summer? I believe because it was a low grade with a detached cover. Decided, it's tough ,I'll probably never get another shot soon, went to snag it and 'poof' gone! :cry:

That one certainly deserves classic cover status

40 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That sure qualifys! Wish I had one myself...

One more thing about this book and what ACG did for horror comics since the cover came to mind. This book was not just a one shot issue but really started the horror genre since there's a wide gap of time where nothing "exclusively" horror was published between Eerie Comics 1 and this ACG premiere. You can see what happens right after this first issue is published. A historical book with a classic horror cover is among the most underrated horror comics ever- the true meaning of this issue goes much further than the "start of the first continuing horror series." Analogically speaking, Eerie Comics 1 is the Leif Erickson of the horror genre while ACG's Adventures into the Unknown 1 sailed the course of Christopher Columbus...

41 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

I feel this should be a classic cover. Its a perfect horror book composition and backdrop in my opinion

Agreed. Out of the Night # 1 hits all the tropes as well though the flying VampBat covers Jayman has posted are in the end much better -

Out of the Night 1.jpg

Until @sagii and @Robot Man posted the Ha Ha's, I forgot they were ACG's. I think of this as right up there for ACG classic covers, humor or no, behind perhaps only those two romance covers, lunatic lover and I sold my baby. Forgive the rattiness, this thing seems impossible to find. Happy to have one at all.

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Until @sagii and @Robot Man posted the Ha Ha's, I forgot they were ACG's. I think of this as right up there for ACG classic covers, humor or no, behind perhaps only those two romance covers, lunatic lover and I sold my baby. Forgive the rattiness, this thing seems impossible to find. Happy to have one at all.

image.jpeg

(worship) One of my 7 remaining White Whales. This is a classic for sure. Still kicking myself for being too slow on the MCS copy recently. 

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Okay, so it's not just me...this one is very tough to find? For my part, I got lucky in an antique shop. Didn't even see the MCS copy.

Absolutely killer! I don't own a lot of them, but from perusing the covers online time to time, they have some of the best funny animal covers (gags/art) bar none. That's a keeper.