• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACG Classic Covers?
3 3

84 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Until @sagii and @Robot Man posted the Ha Ha's, I forgot they were ACG's. I think of this as right up there for ACG classic covers, humor or no, behind perhaps only those two romance covers, lunatic lover and I sold my baby. Forgive the rattiness, this thing seems impossible to find. Happy to have one at all.

image.jpeg

Yours looks a lot like mine! I've been after an upgrade for awhile, but no luck so far.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:24 PM, bronze johnny said:

One more thing about this book and what ACG did for horror comics since the cover came to mind. This book was not just a one shot issue but really started the horror genre since there's a wide gap of time where nothing "exclusively" horror was published between Eerie Comics 1 and this ACG premiere. You can see what happens right after this first issue is published. A historical book with a classic horror cover is among the most underrated horror comics ever- the true meaning of this issue goes much further than the "start of the first continuing horror series." Analogically speaking, Eerie Comics 1 is the Leif Erickson of the horror genre while ACG's Adventures into the Unknown 1 sailed the course of Christopher Columbus...

Excellent analogy. (thumbsu

On 12/14/2017 at 3:28 AM, Robot Man said:

Now, the humor stuff is a different story. Some of my favorite humor books are ACG. These qualify as classic to semi classic I think.

comhaha46.jpg

That one is wonderful. :applause:

This is an excellent thread. So many underappreciated books in it.

What was the origin of ACG? In Australia the local reprints of ACG stuff started in the Fiction House titles like Fight and Rangers. This is one of them:

large.Fight_29_Oz.JPG.b38a1941d9d72e26b7f11cbf083cf095.JPG

This cover is a reprint of the cover of the ACG book Operation Peril #13.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:49 PM, Jayman said:
On 12/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, Sqeggs said:

Well, PB seems to be acting up. hm

I know, I know.  So what else is new?

Is that second 7.0 for sale? :takeit::baiting:

Can you see it?  Posts still look blank to me. hm