• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forgotten photos. Random stuff from a lost file...
3 3

348 posts in this topic

Something a bit older and before most of the boardies here now collecting days.

00A04C38-F87B-4F03-9CE1-EFE6D00892B5.thumb.jpeg.f062c7edd5d5a58a2d1e3b108e4e20a6.jpeg83D2D2B0-E4DC-4B12-99D6-FB512015D0ED.png.9c8995aacafa84fff08fb5adc4f3e697.png4C0F75E0-F03B-4DBB-ABE8-24C146B214EC.png.592528b6701ff0e58b4144d5f52d17be.png

The first copies of books like Action 1 or Tec 27 I ever saw in person were held up just like that to me. Such freedom back then to show off your comics without layers of plastic tomb and vaults to secure them. lol 

On 12/19/2017 at 8:02 PM, MrBedrock said:

This was taken at the last MegaCon I set up at, probably ten years ago. Certainly one of the weirdest photos from a convention. I think that is Gator's Action 1...

megaodd.jpg

This must be mid-2010 as I believe I took ownership of this book from Rick in late 2010

DA8B0F2C-2DAE-44D8-8142-42F2A60E8499.jpeg

8 hours ago, woowoo said:

Great info to go with the pic's (thumbsu I would go to Marks house in the 80's just as he was starting to restore. I think this was the book that's Pgx 9.0 now I think hm 

Action-1......jpg

That's Grimes' book.  If that's a pre-cleaning picture, it's the only one I've seen.  Bedrock, are you saying Darrel sold it?

That Naked City episode "Hold for Gloria Christmas" with the original AF 15 and JIM 83 in the episode in several scenes is probably one of if not the gold standard for old comic photos/film shots. Just perfect timing to film an iconic milestone in comics history.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:15 PM, MrBedrock said:

Thanks for posting these Nerv. Especially this article. It is weird to me to see Bruce Hamilton in a costume as a villain. Not sure how you all feel about him. He was certainly one of the early pillars of the hobby. As part owner of Camelot he was essentially one of my bosses. His example could have led me to believe that it is okay to take advantage of your business partners when they are going through a hard time. That is something the Joker would do.

I like to tell people who want to open a comic store that they really need to work in retail before they risk their own money. I worked for a lot of people who taught me what not to do when running a business. Bruce Hamilton was at the top of that list.

The Joker would probably kill them! 

There are some not so nice stories from early fandom.  But a lot of good stuff happened, too.  At least from my vantage point.

37 minutes ago, N e r V said:

That Naked City episode "Hold for Gloria Christmas" with the original AF 15 and JIM 83 in the episode in several scenes is probably one of if not the gold standard for old comic photos/film shots. Just perfect timing to film an iconic milestone in comics history.

I have the DVD and the books have so much gloss great cheap DVD to buy. Few more old pic's (thumbsu

150483.jpg

nycc1988-md.jpg

SUPERMAN'S TYPEWRITER Jerry Siegel.jpg