• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

Yeah I hear you.   

Not much talk about the Frazetta yet.    I always liked this one.   A cut below his very best, but still very nice.    Reserve is now met.    At 400k so far.

40 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I was looking at the asm 252 cover in Eric Roberts’ caf and I couldn’t help but think about how , resale aside, I’d much prefer it to asm 100.    

Yeah, ASM #252 is a top 10 nostalgia piece for me.  Would have loved to have had a shot at it back when it last traded hands.  

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah, ASM #252 is a top 10 nostalgia piece for me.  Would have loved to have had a shot at it back when it last traded hands.  

What do you think it would be worth at auction Gene?   I know its hard to handicap but curious as to your thoughts.

Edited by Bronty

1 minute ago, Bronty said:

What do you think it would be worth at auction Gene?   I know its hard to handicap but curious as to your thoughts.

I think your $175K guess is in the ballpark, though, the risk is obviously to the upside.  I know that one of the very biggest BSDs out there would not be interested in this piece.  When I asked him maybe 3 years ago what he thought the cover was worth, his guess was about 1/3rd of what I thought was FMV at the time.  He said he just didn't think it was all that. lol 

I do know another big BSD who would be very interested in it, though, which is why $150-$175K would likely be the absolute floor on the cover.  

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

I think your $175K guess is in the ballpark, though, the risk is obviously to the upside.  I know that one of the very biggest BSDs out there would not be interested in this piece.  When I asked him maybe 3 years ago what he thought the cover was worth, his guess was about 1/3rd of what I thought was FMV at the time.  He said he just didn't think it was all that. lol 

I do know another big BSD who would be very interested in it, though, which is why $150-$175K would likely be the absolute floor on the cover.  

OK thanks, that makes sense.    175 if sanity prevails and 'lord only knows' if it doesn't.

I think there's a lot to like about it.

Edited by Bronty

34 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Yeah I hear you.   

Not much talk about the Frazetta yet.    I always liked this one.   A cut below his very best, but still very nice.    Reserve is now met.    At 400k so far.

It's great, only thing missing is the girl and being published as a better title (which is a zero for me but the market (dis)respects that...a lot). But $400k...too much. Sea Witch sold $500k 18 months ago.

1 minute ago, BCarter27 said:

So were all these Heritage Adams pages over the last year consigned to pay for something big? Say, a GL 76 cover? So many nice pages. Somebody was sitting on a cache.

More Adams pages have hit the auction block in the last 6 months than maybe.....the last decade? Interesting to see these pages hit the market and wonder what else us hidden away in stack out there.