• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Cheekyjoe2112 said:

Nice is bit of a understatement. Ker-ching.

Also a huge currency windfall for this mysterious British collector and behind-the-scenes power broker.  I hear that he influenced the outcome of the Brexit referendum so that his USD-denominated comic art holdings would surge in GBP terms... :whistle: 

Edited by delekkerste

6 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Also a huge currency windfall for this mysterious British collector and behind-the-scenes power broker.  I hear that he influenced the outcome of the Brexit referendum so that his USD-denominated comic art holdings would surge in GBP terms... :whistle: 

I hear that he instigated the push for Brexit and is so influential that he swayed those in power to make it happen.

1 minute ago, RabidFerret said:

Surprised the Jim Lee What If #13 cover didn't even hit $15k. That sold for $3k in 2003. Figured it would go a ways higher.

Actually, when I looked it it the things that struck me were the things it was missing, not part of X-men continuity, no sweet-silky Williams inks, not from one of the main X-titles, etc. 

Those were all things that, to me, would limit it's performance and the size of the bidding pool. 

I had it pegged at $12-13k, mostly for those reasons. So it was just above my range. 

5 minutes ago, RabidFerret said:

Surprised the Jim Lee What If #13 cover didn't even hit $15k. That sold for $3k in 2003. Figured it would go a ways higher.

Sounds like a great cover commission idea for Jim Lee: "What If Jim Lee's What If #13  cover hit $15K?"

Just now, John S. said:

I hear that he instigated the push for Brexit and is so influential that he swayed those in power to make it happen.

I'm pretty sure that nothing of consequence happens in the U.K. without his say-so.  It's why Tottenham haven't won a trophy in a decade. :whistle: 

6 minutes ago, John S. said:

The Wonder Woman cover sold for a real healthy amount. Its not even full on Perez...

It feels like the couple of WW pieces I bought from heritage in the last two months would get 1.5-2x as much in front of this audience.

Edited by Greenlake

Just now, delekkerste said:

I'm pretty sure that nothing of consequence happens in the U.K. without his say-so.  It's why Tottenham haven't won a trophy in a decade. :whistle: 

He's branched out to both coasts in the US as well. It was only a matter of time. 

Just now, John S. said:

We are not talking about Joe, this person is much much more connected and influential(worship)

More than Joe?

Is it the Beyonder? 

20 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I used to get annoyed if people mistook him for me; are you saying I should now re-think this?!

xD

Al Milgrom covers are worth $14,000

I am just going to keep saying it until it feels right....

Just now, John S. said:

Gene, and a few others in the know, know the person that cannot be named for legal reasons

He Who Shall Not Be Named!!!!!!