• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Bronty said:

How do people view the desirability of this one compared to ASM 121?    I think I'd rather have the 121.     I know which one Gene would pick!

I'm a casual Spidey fan (not the target audience for this auction) and would take ASM 121 heads and shoulders above 100. 

And would place Gwen's death way above his growing extra limbs.  Plus would take the 101 cover over 100. :baiting:

2c

6 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

I'm a casual Spidey fan (not the target audience for this auction) and would take ASM 121 heads and shoulders above 100. 

And would place Gwen's death way above his growing extra limbs.  Plus would take the 101 cover over 100. :baiting:

2c

Yes!!   101 is awesome!!   I know Gene thinks its a EMO vampire or whatever ( I recall that comment from years ago, how dare you Gene :p ) but to me its a classic!     Phvcking six arms and a vampire!  lol

14 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

2c

Interesting way of looking at it.

the ASM cover contains a great image of Spidey front and centre, with head shots of all of the significant characters in the comic up to that point in time.  A classic cover.

the ASM 121 cover, with Spideys back towards the viewer simply isn't as appealing, not to mention the diminished relevance of Gwen's death to the masses with each passing year.

22 minutes ago, Bronty said:

How do people view the desirability of this one compared to ASM 121?    I think I'd rather have the 121.     I know which one Gene would pick!

Resale value aside, I'd definitely take the #90, #97, #98 and #101 covers over the #100 (just to name a few surrounding issues which depict parts of the Spidey mythos which are more memorable to me...the Death of Capt. Stacy, the two best drug issue storyline covers, and the classic Emo Vampire cover :p).  And, of course, the #121-122 covers (heck, I pretty much like any of the covers between #119 and #125 better than the #100).

But, hey, different strokes for different folks - I'm glad that not everybody likes the same things, otherwise I'd never be able to buy anything! 

For sure, chocolate and vanilla, yada yada.    I like your #98 cover a lot.    I like 101, 129, etc.   In other words, I guess I tend to prefer the Gil Kane covers and/or the Kane/Romita ones where the Kane influence is strong, like 129.    They are just, for my money, way more dynamic than the pure Romita ones.

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

I love how the ASM #59 cover has just been listed by Mike B. at Romitaman.com for $400K.  Which would ordinarily be a price tag that would cause coffee to shoot out of my nose, but, which looks positively reasonable, if not cheap, compared to the ASM #100 (for the record, I would take the #59 cover one million out of one million times over the #100).  Now that is brilliant marketing! :applause:

Same thought I had re: ASM059. Nice cover, LA, but no way $400k.

We've seen this before, the hope is that an underbidder feels cheated on losing the HA piece and takes 059 as a 'cheap' (gah-choke!) consolation prize; resting easy that's it's LA and has Romita's pretty MJ in a mini too.

All good.

But...does anybody that's actually earned* 400k spend it that easily or foolishly? I mean...really?

I really do enjoy the psychological games people play though. I may enjoy it more than the art even.

*not family money, not BTC bubblephoria, not stolen angel investor capitalization (lol)

8 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

But, hey, different strokes for different folks - I'm glad that not everybody likes the same things, otherwise I'd never be able to buy anything! 

Nuh-uh. Not fooled by your fade here, I know you're buying the whole auction. This one and CLink too.

7 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Can you 'diminish' an event that never mattered in the first place?  :whistle:

Edited by comix4fun

Just now, comix4fun said:

What the hell was that?

I just wanted crying spider-man.

Well... you got crying spidey with a side of kok and jizz stained trousers.    :blush:

Dude.   I like your GIFs and all.   I do.   But not every post you make has to have a gif in it.   Honest.    You don’t need a gif about a gif post, for example.    We love you regardless :foryou:

Just now, Bronty said:

Dude.   I like your GIFs and all.   I do.   But not every post you make has to have a gif in it.   Honest.    You don’t need a gif about a gif post, for example.    We love you regardless :foryou:

I enjoy them. And I tend not to GAF if anyone else does.