• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

Ok, can all the Olivia fans hiding out in here please post something that explains what in the wide world of sports is goin' on around here?!?!

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

$14K for a Milgrom Spec Spidey cover?  WTF!

8 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Al Milgrom covers are worth $14,000

I am just going to keep saying it until it feels right....

I'm doing my best to cope here.....

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Ok, can all the Olivia fans hiding out in here please post something that explains what in the wide world of sports is goin' on around here?!?!

LOL. Nosheet. $66k. Wow.

It's like, uh, real, fine, art, cuz it's on a wooden plank.

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one banging my head against the wall.  $65,725 with the juice.  What on earth???

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I thought the Olivia piece that reached a crazy price last time round was a one off, i was wrong

Just now, John S. said:

I thought the Olivia piece that reached a crazy price last time round was a one off, i was wrong

I was thinking that myself in my most recent WTF?!?! post. 

12 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Mr. Wonderful was on Coke compared to this guy. Jesus 3 hours in and we are barely 50% of the way there.

My new nickname for Barry is "The Sandman" Sandoval. 

LOVE YOU BARRY!!!

Anyone else wondering if the bidder on the Carrier Fisher Olivia piece actually read the description?  I can't imagine paying $18,000 for a piece the size of printer paper (9"x12").  Even framed, that is going to look tiny on the wall.

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone else wondering if the bidder on the Carrier Fisher Olivia piece actually read the description?  I can't imagine paying $18,000 for a piece the size of printer paper (9"x12").  Even framed, that is going to look tiny on the wall.

66k/18k = 24x30/9x12?

2 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Haven't been keeping a close eye on this auction today, but scrolling through the results has me thinking prices are really strong this time around.  Am I reading that correctly?  Is Heritage taking crypto currency now or something?

Some big state controlled Chinese banks are moving heavy into comics. 

25 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Haven't been keeping a close eye on this auction today, but scrolling through the results has me thinking prices are really strong this time around.  Am I reading that correctly?  Is Heritage taking crypto currency now or something?

Pretty much everything seems like people really don't want to keep their money. I hope these bidders don't come back tomorrow.

Edited by Greenlake
Incorrectly thought the Keown A+X #1 was a cover.

3 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

The only thing I've been watching that went for less than I expected was the Keown A+X #1 Hulk and Wolverine cover. Pretty much everything else seems like people really don't want to keep their money. I hope these bidders don't come back tomorrow.

It is a splash page, not a cover

Edited by jjonahjameson11

18 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

It is a splash page, not a cover

Oops, I somehow got that in my head and never re-read it those times I went back to look at the art. In that case, even that did alright. Good thing I couldn't figure out a way to afford to bid on it, since I already have too much tied up in later pieces.

Edited by Greenlake