• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

The price of the Byrne She Hulk panel page went for more than 2 of the 3 FF panel pages which surprised me. Is Byrne FF is on a downwards slide, or Byrne She Hulk is on an upwards one, as those 2 price points used to be far away from each other. The Byrne Namor panel page was very strong also, so maybe its just Byrne 90's stuff taking an upwards price jump.

Edited by John S.

5 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Right.  What I'm saying is that they would have gone higher in auctions where only one MCP page was available.

I don't feel that those 2 pages were strong enough to do (significantly) better even if they were in an auction alone. good pages, but not very good or great. i think they went for around market- no real bargain to be had there.

Well I went for 1 for 2 out of the ones I will most interested in. I picked up the Alex Ross Miss Fury cover. I really loved that run in 2013 (not as much the more recent 2017 one).

I was also going for the Black Cat/Catwoman Adam Hughes. I hesitated to put another bid in that would bring me over 10K for it, and by the time I clicked it didn't register in time. Oh well I'll put the money back below the mattress for comiclink in a few weeks. I'm still trying to get an Adam Hughes piece I really like. I was outbid on this one and then fell asleep during the auction for a Red Sonja last year.

9 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I don’t even like that cover. 

At least two people do.....they really REALLY do. lol

44 minutes ago, robert frey said:

I don't feel that those 2 pages were strong enough to do (significantly) better even if they were in an auction alone. good pages, but not very good or great. i think they went for around market- no real bargain to be had there.

Well, lets see what happens the next time one of equal quality is up for auction on Heritage

I think this HA sale had many upside surprises, to the point where I didn't even bid live on any lots save...one. And I won it, a notably better example, for half of what similar but lesser examples have been going for the last twelve months at other venues. I fully expected to have to go as high as triple my actual winning bid. At this sale, well, imagine my surprise at not having to duke it out (much). Very happy the heat was off for about sixty seconds, yes I actually got a deal and maybe in time even a steal :)

9 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Anyone notice the FF 99 splash?.. sadly someone took a hit. Sold for 28k including juice in 2013.. it sold for 21k + juice yesterday.. 

I bid $22K hammer back in 2013 and was the underbidder.  The winner bid $24K hammer.

Fast forward 5 years and I am no longer collecting Kirby or FF, so my $22K bid is gone.  The winner is gone too, because now he's the seller.   

In many cases, people who were underbidders on pieces often won't be there in the future and are not always replaced by other bidders/buyers even though the overall market has gone up in the interim.  That is apparently what happened with this splash. 

Edited by delekkerste