• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So about that Black Widow movie...

I want to be excited. I just can't with her death in Endgame. But maybe that will change. To me, it is still very odd release placement.

I am still concerned with the overall health of movie theaters.  I used to have about 44 screens within 15 minutes of my house.  The largest, an AMC 24, closed permanently due to the pandemic.  I live in a very populated area and we have therefor lost more than 50% of our screens.  Just from a practical standpoint this has to impact the potential box office.  Add to that the same day streaming on Disney +, and that has to impact potential box office. Finally, even though the US is more or less open, I would imagine Europe is the third largest market, and how open are the theaters going to be there in July?  As far as I know, they are mostly closed or severely restricted currently.

I saw A Quiet Place 2 last night and really enjoyed it despite its unusually abrupt ending. I watched a trailer for Black Widow that looked spectacular on the big screen. I was thinking, yeah this has to be a theater experience. Once home, it occurred to me that I had no idea who the director was. For some reason, I was thinking the Russo’s were doing it. After looking it up, turned out to be a woman I never heard of. Checked her credits and she’s directed exactly three other movies. That I’ve never heard of. But whatever, can’t judge until I’ve seen it. 

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess I'll be seeing this one in IMAX opening weekend, too.

903334885_blackwidimax.thumb.JPG.78cc291991f0df1a5217f85c30ab4b3a.JPG

I’ll watch it in IMAX as well. But a few weeks after opening. I’m not an opening night guy.

28 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’ll watch it in IMAX as well. But a few weeks after opening. I’m not an opening night guy.

Not sure I'll go opening night, but opening weekend for sure. I like the crowd reactions. I miss that. As long as the audience is wearing masks.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not sure I'll go opening night, but opening weekend for sure. I like the crowd reactions. I miss that. As long as the audience is wearing masks.

I just saw A Quiet Place 2 in Atlanta and nobody was wearing masks. But the theater was also a quarter full so there was some distance between people.

11 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I just saw A Quiet Place 2 in Atlanta and nobody was wearing masks. But the theater was also a quarter full so there was some distance between people.

Yeah I doubt there'll be a lot of mask wearers when I go see it, too. I might skip the regular true IMAX theater and instead opt for the AMC IMAX as AMC theaters have their new ventilation system and the seating isn't stacked near-vertical like at the regular IMAX.

12 hours ago, Oddball said:

Does not help me.  My IMAX theater is dead due to the pandemic.

TV Time asked consumers (who said they are interested in seeing the movie) where they preferred to watch it. The survey found:

• Marvel’s Black Widow is the movie that viewers most want to see in the theater. 68% said they would prefer to watch Black Widow in the theater versus 32% who plan to watch it at home. It is followed by fellow Marvel blockbusters Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (64%), F9 (63%), The Suicide Squad (58%), and A Quiet Place II (55%) as the movies viewers most want to see in theaters.

A Quiet Place II has amazingly grossed 178 million at the U.S. domestic box office as of this weekend. With the above numbers in mind and considering its strength of schedule, Black Widow should easily top $350 million at the U.S. box office by the end its second weekend. I'm calling 800 million worldwide box office for the MCU's first Phase Four film.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:17 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

TV Time asked consumers (who said they are interested in seeing the movie) where they preferred to watch it. The survey found:

• Marvel’s Black Widow is the movie that viewers most want to see in the theater. 68% said they would prefer to watch Black Widow in the theater versus 32% who plan to watch it at home. It is followed by fellow Marvel blockbusters Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (64%), F9 (63%), The Suicide Squad (58%), and A Quiet Place II (55%) as the movies viewers most want to see in theaters.

A Quiet Place II has amazingly grossed 178 million at the U.S. domestic box office as of this weekend. With the above numbers in mind and considering its strength of schedule, Black Widow should easily top $350 million at the U.S. box office by the end its second weekend. I'm calling 800 million worldwide box office for the MCU's first Phase Four film.

1) embarassingly wrong: $109MM as of the end of last weekend

2)i will take the under at 2-1 odds for all the money in the world

Edited by paperheart

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Scott Menzel reported why he was not a fan of the movie, and got chewed up by those fine non-toxic MCU fans.

I hope I disagree after seeing it.

1 minute ago, D84 said:

I hope I disagree after seeing it.

Those that didn't care for it are noting the handoff story is like a commercial preparing a Disney+ show.

I'll have a better feel for it when I see it for myself. One day. But not at a $30 viewing pricetag.

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Those that didn't care for it are noting the handoff story is like a commercial preparing a Disney+ show.

I'll have a better feel for it when I see it for myself. One day. But not at a $30 viewing pricetag.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for it to hit 4k disc. I don't mind dropping $25-30 if I own the copy.