• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

July 9th for movie theaters across America is going to be like the prom scene in Back to the Future where Marty McFly suddenly perks back to life after George gives Lorraine the first kiss on the dance floor. Kong and Quiet Places Part Deux helped a little but half of Marty's torso is still missing. Black Widow's kiss is going to bring the movie theater industry roaring back to life.

6 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

July 9th for movie theaters across America is going to be like the prom scene in Back to the Future where Marty McFly suddenly perks back to life after George gives Lorraine the first kiss on the dance floor. Kong and Quiet Places Part Deux helped a little but half of Marty's torso is still missing. Black Widow's kiss is going to bring the movie theater industry roaring back to life.

Vin Diesel would like to have a word with this prediction

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

Vin Diesel would like to have a word with this prediction

Fast and the Furious is a popular franchise but really owes a lot to China where it's really really popular, and where F9 is getting bad word of mouth. Apparently it's not that good a movie? And nobody in America really cares about F9 getting delayed since last year and nobody here cares that it's already opened in China.

Black Widow, on the other hand, could you imagine the uproar here in the states if Disney opened BW in China a week before opening here after this delay? Could you imagine the internet uproar if Chinese moviegoers gave BW the thumbs down and that it was bad? Hordes of moviegoers have marked Black Widow's release date as the weekend they return to the movies. Not so much Fast and the Furioso Part 36.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Fast and the Furious is a popular franchise but really owes a lot to China where it's really really popular, and where F9 is getting bad word of mouth. Apparently it's not that good a movie? And nobody in America really cares about F9 getting delayed since last year and nobody here cares that it's already opened in China.

Black Widow, on the other hand, could you imagine the uproar here in the states if Disney opened BW in China a week before opening here after this delay? Could you imagine the internet uproar if Chinese moviegoers gave BW the thumbs down and that it was bad? Hordes of moviegoers have marked Black Widow's release date as the weekend they return to the movies. Not so much Fast and the Furioso Part 36.

as of today, the 'market' disagrees

image.png.b7bb02cbefb72720be53f8ca717ac178.png

image.png.245ee6c36b739a47f46dbbca15f60ac0.png

8 hours ago, D84 said:

Please don't :censored: the bed like Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 🤞

I have never been a fan of casting SJ as BW but this sure looks great. I might have to watch this in the theater. I’m going to see Quiet Place 2 in a few days. Haven’t been to the movies in a long while. I’m only home in the US a couple months out of the year anyway so I better get my fix.

19 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Black Widow's kiss is going to bring the movie theater industry roaring back to life.

I disagree here but I really hope you’re right. I just don’t believe any single movie will do that. A new Avengers movie could hit this week and net close to a billion (maybe even break it) but after it leaves, the slump continues. There’s only a couple of must-see in theaters movies planned for the rest of the year for me. And I love going to the movies. 

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

I disagree here but I really hope you’re right. I just don’t believe any single movie will do that. A new Avengers movie could hit this week and net close to a billion (maybe even break it) but after it leaves, the slump continues. There’s only a couple of must-see in theaters movies planned for the rest of the year for me. And I love going to the movies. 

Looking at the 2021 summer slate after July 4th, I think Black Widow is the only "required viewing" movie. I mean it's the only franchise movie with a devoted following that millions of people are eagerly awaiting and who have to watch it. Not to say there aren't good movies coming out, but Black Widow is guaranteed to bring the biggest audience that theaters have seen since the pandemic began. Us Marvel fans(casual and hardcore) want our lives back, and part of that means watching a MCU movie debut in a movie theater (not on Disney+). A big part of my prediction is consecutive weeks of large audience turnout for Black Widow that creates a pattern. When that happens and happens safely and everybody figures out that maybe it is safe to go back to the movies, that will most likely keep a large enough segment of moviegoers coming back through the summer to watch all these less "required viewing" movies (like Suicide Squad Redux...eye roll) and that saves the movie theater industry.

32 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

...When that happens and happens safely and everybody figures out that maybe it is safe to go back to the movies, that will most likely keep a large enough segment of moviegoers coming back through the summer to watch all these less "required viewing" movies (like Suicide Squad Redux...eye roll) and that saves the movie theater industry.

Well, I really didn't want to think that you're a troll, but you've proven me wrong.

:troll:

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Well, I really didn't want to think that you're a troll, but you've proven me wrong.

Am I going on the Suicide Squad Redux thread and making unwarranted negative comments against it before anybody's seen it just to spread negativity? No. I'm doing it on the Black Widow thread. Not trolling.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Am I going on the Suicide Squad Redux thread and making unwarranted negative comments against it before anybody's seen it just to spread negativity? No. I'm trolling on the Black Widow thread.

FTFY.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Looking at the 2021 summer slate after July 4th, I think Black Widow is the only "required viewing" movie. I mean it's the only franchise movie with a devoted following that millions of people are eagerly awaiting and who have to watch it. Not to say there aren't good movies coming out, but Black Widow is guaranteed to bring the biggest audience that theaters have seen since the pandemic began. 

Are you high?

As noted above, the Fast and the Furious films have *at least* as big an audience & devoted following.

Stating it right here - Fast and the Furious 9 will outdo Black Widow in the worldwide box office. More than that, it'll outperform it by $200 million+

Or...is this why you qualified your statement with "after July 4," because you know Fast 9 comes out in June?

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Am I going on the Suicide Squad Redux thread and making unwarranted negative comments against it before anybody's seen it just to spread negativity? No. I'm doing it on the Black Widow thread. Not trolling.

The level of conflict you cause on here just to justify the MCU over the world is not healthy. Your purpose comes across more to cause disruption than good discussion. And that is why some assume you work for Disney or assume you do. The level of fanaticism is bordering on a sickness.

I mean this in the best way. Get help!

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The level of conflict you cause on here just to justify the MCU over the world is not healthy. Your purpose comes across more to cause disruption than good discussion. And that is why some assume you work for Disney or assume you do. The level of fanaticism is bordering on a sickness.

Or...

We can all put the jack:censored: on ignore.

I did, but I keep seeing people quote and reply to his lunacy. 

41 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Ha ha...okay, let me go drop a couple grand on a psychiatrist and tell him/her "Before it starts to endanger the friends and family around me, it's been suggested I get professional help because I act like the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the #1 movie franchise in the world and the most entertaining on this comic book collectors forum I visit online. Wait, you agree with me?"

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Looking at the 2021 summer slate after July 4th, I think Black Widow is the only "required viewing" movie.

How is it "required viewing"?  She is dead, we all know how her story ends up.  While that wasn't a bad trailer, there was nothing in it that compelled me to have to see this at the theaters (or even Disney+ until it is free).  

40 minutes ago, D84 said:

Or...

We can all put the jack:censored: on ignore.

I did, but I keep seeing people quote and reply to his lunacy. 

You know what... ^^

36 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm considering it, now. I deleted my ignore list more than a year ago to give everyone a 2nd chance. This guy may be the 1st to go on it.

I'm going ahead with this - it is best for anyone wanting to enjoy coming on here to chat EVERYTHING comic book productions related - not just Marvel Studios like a rabid dog