• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

People definitely need to take more precautions. Unfortunately, vaccines aren't likely to make it go away due to it's rapid mutation. The common cold is a coronavirus as well & we've never had a successful treatment for that either.

The CDC has said that the reason mutations are forming is because people aren't getting vaccinated. When the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) is allowed to exist and spread over time, that's when it starts to mutate. If you stop its spread by wearing a mask and getting the vaccine, then it doesn't have time to mutate. Also, the CDC has stated that the many vaccines have proven effective against the mutations of the original 2019 coronavirus.

The common cold is really just a name for symptoms caused by many different virus types. The most common virus type that causes cold symptoms is the rhinovirus. Coronaviruses were only first discovered and observed in the 60's.

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The CDC has said that the reason mutations are forming is because people aren't getting vaccinated. When the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) is allowed to exist and spread over time, that's when it starts to mutate. If you stop its spread by wearing a mask and getting the vaccine, then it doesn't have time to mutate. Also, the CDC has stated that the many vaccines have proven effective against the mutations of the original 2019 coronavirus.

The common cold is really just a name for symptoms caused by many different virus types. The most common virus type that causes cold symptoms is the rhinovirus. Coronaviruses were only first discovered and observed in the 60's.

I think that the virus evolves depending on where it lives, so if it couldn't spread, it obviously wouldn't evolve the way it has. If Americans where born in the countries of their ancestors, their accents & speech would be different. As the virus spreads through different people & countries, it picks up new genetic markers from the environment & people it infected. Still, vaccines are not a one size fits all, as everyone's immune system is different, which is why some who get vaccinated can still catch Covid-19. OC43, HKU1, 229E & NL63 are considered common cold coronaviruses, but most viruses don't have vaccines because it's not considered cost effective to produce. Masks can also pick up lots of bacteria & cause respiratory problems as well, so I suggest having multiple washable ones to use in different settings. A lot of the masks they're selling are creating a host of problems on their own. I would advocate washing your hands over hand sanitizers as well. There are mummies that have been discovered with cancer, so when something is observed & written into record has no reference to when it came into existence, it's just our point of realizing it.

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well if the very large segment of our population that still think the pandemic is a hoax would do their friggin part and get the vaccine and wear a mask we’d have been done with this pandemic last month. 

Let’s say the large part of the population that is not getting the vaccine (for many reasons, not just the hoax theorists) decide they will get it. We can’t meet that demand. At least not today. The supply will get there eventually though. 

6 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

????

300 million is a lot for a movie even before the pandemic. Infinity War only opened with like 250 million.

It must break the opening weekend. record to save the movies.

5 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

It must break the opening weekend. record to save the movies.

It must get enough people in US theater seats over multiple weekends to break America’s pandemic habit of not going to the movies and feel it really is okay to come back and  create a chain reaction that keeps moviegoers permanently coming back to theaters at levels about 60-70% what they were before pandemic which should be enough to save the movie theater industry this summer. The box office take is just the obvious result of this. I said 550 million worldwide total would be enough.

21 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It must get enough people in US theater seats over multiple weekends to break America’s pandemic habit of not going to the movies and feel it really is okay to come back and  create a chain reaction that keeps moviegoers permanently coming back to theaters at levels about 60-70% what they were before pandemic which should be enough to save the movie theater industry this summer. The box office take is just the obvious result of this. I said 550 million worldwide total would be enough.

You did say that. But it is your opinion. Not from a credible analyst in the field of studio box office analytics.

What the success criteria will be is within Disney, knowing all the actual costs and discounts (e.g. tax credits) involved.

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You did say that. But it is your opinion. Not from a credible analyst in the field of studio box office analytics.

What the success criteria will be is within Disney, knowing all the actual costs and discounts (e.g. tax credits) involved.

I'm not even thinking about Disney's profitability or bottom line. I'm completely 100% talking about the movie theater industry, AMC, Cinemark, Loews, etc. It's not even about a specific number. It's about breaking the habit of staying home out of fear you can catch COVID19 by going to the movies. I think Black Widow will get enough Americans in movie theaters this July to finally break the habit of a significant amount of American moviegoers. There are a lot of people like me who have their calendars marked that the weekend Black Widow comes marks the day they go back to the movies.

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not even thinking about Disney's profitability or bottom line. I'm completely 100% talking about the movie theater industry, AMC, Cinemark, Loews, etc. It's not even about a specific number. It's about breaking the habit of staying home out of fear you can catch COVID19 by going to the movies. I think Black Widow will get enough Americans in movie theaters this July to finally break the habit of a significant amount of American moviegoers. There are a lot of people like me who have their calendars marked that the weekend Black Widow comes marks the day they go back to the movies.

Like @chezmtghutnoted reality is we are still fighting to achieve a more stable safe public environment. Rushing forward blindly in order to demonstrate some excessive love of the MCU or even to support theaters backfires when those same fanatics bring back what they picked up in a heavily populated site. All for the love of what - MOVIES??!! How about love of your fellow man (disclaimer: This stands for mankind for those that may overreact to the term)?

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Like @chezmtghutnoted reality is we are still fighting to achieve a more stable safe public environment. Rushing forward blindly in order to demonstrate some excessive love of the MCU or even to support theaters backfires when those same fanatics bring back what they picked up in a heavily populated site. All for the love of what - MOVIES??!! How about love of your fellow man (disclaimer: This stands for mankind for those that may overreact to the term)?

I believe in the new ventilation systems the movie theaters have installed. Social distancing and mask wearing is still  theater policy at all of them. I'm fully vaccinated as well as a lot of friends/family. There have been no significant COVID19 outbreaks from folks going to see Kong Godzilla, which gave the industry a shot of life support. When I go see Black Widow in July with my mask on, I will feel perfectly safe.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

We're five months into vaccines being available to the public. This week, the vaccine will be available to everyone including teenagers nationwide. By July the percent of Americans fully vaccinated should significantly rise. For the people who refuse to wear masks or get their vaccine by then, they can choke on the virus for all I care.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I believe in the new ventilation systems the movie theaters have installed. Social distancing and mask wearing is still  theater policy at all of them. I'm fully vaccinated as well as a lot of friends/family. There have been no significant COVID19 outbreaks from folks going to see Kong Godzilla, which gave the industry a shot of life support. When I go see Black Widow in July with my mask on, I will feel perfectly safe.

We have medical analysis that determined this? I don't think so. And I have my two doses of Pfizer at this point. Yet I can still infect others through the chain of transmission. The CDC is still analyzing this, so going to the movies yet still maintaining social distancing and wearing masks is the right frame of mind. Not over-crowding theaters to show excessive support.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

We're five months into vaccines being available to the public. This week, the vaccine will be available to everyone including teenagers nationwide. By July the percent of Americans fully vaccinated should significantly rise. For the people who refuse to wear masks or get their vaccine by then, they can choke on the virus for all I care.

The vaccination for those under 16 yo is still being reviewed by the FDC. So what we have right now is for anyone 16 yo or older.

But I agree the distribution has significantly increased to a much wider level than ever before. That doesn't mean go hog-wild and run to pack close places like theaters. We are only two months from July (that's nuts to even type that as pandemic time flies by). In two months we are still dealing with debates and false perceptions vaccines will turn people into mutants. Much more work ahead.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The vaccination for those under 16 yo is still being reviewed by the FDC. So what we have right now is for anyone 16 yo or older.

But I agree the distribution has significantly increased to a much wider level than ever before. That doesn't mean go hog-wild and run to pack close places like theaters. We are only two months from July (that's nuts to even type that as pandemic time flies by). In two months we are still dealing with debates and false perceptions vaccines will turn people into mutants. Much more work ahead.

Well if any theater decides they want to do shoulder to shoulder seating (as in strangers not family), I won't be going to that theater. I'll only go to a theater that's practicing some kind of social distance seating. But I believe all of the major theaters are doing that as corporate policy and will continue that for a while.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

9 hours ago, Oddball said:

Let’s say the large part of the population that is not getting the vaccine (for many reasons, not just the hoax theorists) decide they will get it. We can’t meet that demand. At least not today. The supply will get there eventually though. 

I've been hearing supply now exceeds demand, at least here in the US...