• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

So she's upset that they released it on Disney+ premiere access, affecting her money.

Well, I'm upset that Black Widow (one of my favorite MCU characters) got a :censored: movie.

Seems like it sucks for everyone right now.

On 7/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, D84 said:

So she's upset that they released it on Disney+ premiere access, affecting her money.

Well, I'm upset that Black Widow (one of my favorite MCU characters) got a :censored: movie.

Seems like it sucks for everyone right now.

Ohhh - someone is right there with you.

Scarlett Johansson's agent was one of those that ridiculed WarnerMedia when it paid out talent to allow for a hybrid film release

I think he is thinking slightly different now

On 7/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, D84 said:

At a time when many are struggling to make ends meat, these multi-millionaires are whining about bonuses. 

:censored: them.

It gets worse.

Now that this potential lawsuit wants to point to all the Disney+ success news how the company has been bragging about boosting subscriptions due to these movies, the talent agency wants to force total transparency.

So analysts are thinking Disney may force itself to pay her off to make this die down beforehand.

I'm assume Disney has force majeure in their defense. I'm not a lawyer but it would seem to apply over the past year. Any Lawyers please speak up!

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/litigation/committees/commercial-business/boilerplate-contracts/force-majeure-clauses-contracts-covid-19/

I'm reading this currently so I'm not sure it applies LOL

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 7/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm assume Disney has force majeure in their defense. I'm not a lawyer but it would seem to apply over the past year. Any Lawyers please speak up!

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/litigation/committees/commercial-business/boilerplate-contracts/force-majeure-clauses-contracts-covid-19/

I'm reading this currently so I'm not sure it applies LOL

Someone smarter than me tweeted, "If you have to invoke the pandemic in your defense of a breach of contract lawsuit, you definitely breached the contract."

I'm thinking Disney's screwed here.

https://screenrant.com/cruella-movie-emma-stone-disney-lawsuit-rumors-updates/

In related news!!!!! Emma Stone wants in on the action!!!! This is getting interesting now.

On another related note.  I go away for a few days (plus was getting web site errors), and I miss a certain Disney shills head almost exploding. 

Edited by drotto

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, drotto said:

https://screenrant.com/cruella-movie-emma-stone-disney-lawsuit-rumors-updates/

In related news!!!!! Emma Stone wats in on the action!!!! This is getting interesting now.

On another related note.  I go away for a few days (plus was getting web site errors), and I miss a certain Disney shills head almost exploding. 

Don't forget Emily Blunt. She's queued up and ready to go, pending the results (or lack thereof) of Jungle Cruise this weekend.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Someone smarter than me tweeted, "If you have to invoke the pandemic in your defense of a breach of contract lawsuit, you definitely breached the contract."

I'm thinking Disney's screwed here.

But that's the point, they delayed BW a year.  You can't really say Disney didn't try. I actually don't think they are screwed but I do think this law suit makes them both look bad.

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 7/30/2021 at 1:04 PM, paperheart said:

ScarJo made $20MM from this dud, that's more than Disney will.

These are my thoughts.  Going to be tough to sue for "bonus money" when your awful movie LOSES your studio $50MM-$100MM.  

-J.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

These are my thoughts.  Going to be tough to sue for "bonus money" when your awful movie LOSES your studio $50MM-$100MM.  

-J.

The rumor is she was due an additional $5 million when the film hit $500 million.  How would you be able to prove that the film would have made this? You could argue past MCU performance, but even the best franchises have duds. Solo was a guaranteed hit remember, but if BW performed like that it would have missed that benchmark.