• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

It continues to amaze me how the CGC/Other company angle gets overlooked with these auctions, time and time again.

Anyway, I could not pass this up, the whole Sheena run is awesome with gorgeous Chiodo covers, but 56 and 58 are the hardest to find in the wild in true NM/M condition, this is 1 of 2 9.8s on the census:

autn39.jpg

Edited by bluehorseshoe

10 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

It continues to amaze me how the CGC/Other company angle gets overlooked with these auctions, time and time again.

Anyway, I could not pass this up, the whole Sheena run is awesome with gorgeous Chido covers, but 56 and 58 are the hardest to find in the wild in true NM/M condition, this is 1 of 2 9.8s on the census:

autn39.jpg

Nice book! Like how the Scarlet Witch is extended beyond the logo box and appears concerned about Sheena.

-bc

18 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Why does this go for so much? 

Cover itself is kind of ugly. 

01258952398000081392153002_TH.jpg

I’m gonna guess. It’s a second print and likely many shops didn’t get it so it was an instant tuffy. The Cgc label says it pre dates blah blah blah so it’s got that going on too. Did Nick Fury just page her before checking out?

Just finished my first Clink auctions & had a question. I won 2 books & 1 has already been shipped and should be here tomorrow. There is a third book that I paid the asking price for on the exchange. 2 times the 5 days expired without any response from the seller and it just went right back into the exchange. I "bought" it a 3rd time & it's probably going to expire again in the next couple of days. Is this just a dead-beat seller? 

23 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Just finished my first Clink auctions & had a question. I won 2 books & 1 has already been shipped and should be here tomorrow. There is a third book that I paid the asking price for on the exchange. 2 times the 5 days expired without any response from the seller and it just went right back into the exchange. I "bought" it a 3rd time & it's probably going to expire again in the next couple of days. Is this just a dead-beat seller? 

Yep. It’s happened to me before. 

4 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Thanks! Kind of sucks, because I assumed that $ was spent and passed on a few things I would have bought instead. 

Nah you’re good. I don’t think clink would have ran your credit card until they received the book from the seller or until they shipped it out to you. The first book I ever bought on clink was off the exchange. Looking back at it now, I’m surprised the transaction went through. 

Just now, deadleg said:

Nah you’re good. I don’t think clink would have ran your credit card until they received the book from the seller or until they shipped it out to you. The first book I ever bought on clink was off the exchange. Looking back at it now, I’m surprised the transaction went through. 

Yeah they didn't charge me, but I was counting on it being charged once the auction was over. My 2nd purchase went through just now though. Got 2 books I wanted so I'm happy I guess (thumbsu

On 6/28/2018 at 6:46 PM, Not A Clone said:

No response just means they aren't interested in your offer.  It is hit or miss on the exchange.  Some people want pie in the sky money.

25 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

No response just means they aren't interested in your offer.  It is hit or miss on the exchange.  Some people want pie in the sky money.

Either this, or the book isn't really for sale and the seller just never took it off the exchange.  I've bought books from the exchange several times only to be told the seller no longer has the item.

3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Either this, or the book isn't really for sale and the seller just never took it off the exchange.  I've bought books from the exchange several times only to be told the seller no longer has the item.

Must not have taken it off. I tried buying it and finally gave up. I did receive one book I bought within a week. Waiting on another to ship. Was charged 2 weeks ago. I'll wait a couple of more weeks before I start to wonder on that one. 

22 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

I check out comic link a lot but have never bought anything from them