• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I'm saving my losing bids for Heritage's auction :banana:

Coming in second on a Heritage or ComicConnect auction is a bit different because you have to make a more deliberate "negative" decision to stop bidding, whereas with ComicLink you can take your best shot in the final moments and let the chips fall where they may.  With ComicConnect in particular, there's something uniquely painful about watching three full minutes elapse while you tell yourself you're not bidding any more and you're most definitely not getting the book.  :cry:

51 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Picked this one up. A bit lower grade than I’d like, but these early JIMs don’t exactly grow on trees. 

1C303AA9-AD6F-4E1C-8B87-E2F635C2100B.jpeg

Classy Book!(thumbsu

I've settled on 3.5 for a lot less :foryou: and more common books!

Them's is the breaks sometimes :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Clarity

7 minutes ago, mysterio said:
18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Classy (thumbsu

I've settled on 3.5 for a lot less :foryou:

Them's is the breaks sometimes :shy:

Maybe that sounded more like a complaint than I meant it to... 

No worries lol I think my text came off more snarky than I meant it to....!

We both read between the lines so it's all good ;)

I meant classy book because it's tough with those books, and for you not to feel too bad about the grade!

I settled for a 3.5 TOD #10, but mainly because no other opportunity has presented itself. Really your post is a kick in the pants for me to be a little more picky :foryou:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

No worries lol I think my text came off more snarky than I meant it to....!

We both read between the lines so it's all good ;)

I meant classy book because it's tough with those books, and for you not to feel too bad about the grade!

I settled for a 3.5 TOD #10, but mainly because no other opportunity has presented itself. Really your post is a kick in the pants for me to be a little more picky :foryou:

:foryou:  Thanks, I certainly don't try to be a grade snob. With these early pre-hero Marvels it is book first, grade second. I like 6.0, but in books like this it often isn't possible without a time machine.

4 minutes ago, mysterio said:

:foryou:  Thanks, I certainly don't try to be a grade snob. With these early pre-hero Marvels it is book first, grade second. I like 6.0, but in books like this it often isn't possible without a time machine.

Meanwhile let's just state the obvious, that's a very very nice looking 3.5!

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I agree but my heart to my brains to my fingers had a miscommunication lol

That was my bad. :sorry:it's ok to want a better grade, what I wrote was not entirely what I meant, and I look at it as you can upgrade! 

Tough book (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree but my heart to my brains to my fingers had a miscommunication lol

That was my bad. :sorry:it's ok to want a better grade, what I wrote was not entirely what I meant, and I look at it as you can upgrade! 

Tough book (thumbsu

No worries, we're on the same page. ^^

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Thrilled to have this one stroll my way. I don't have a lot of Golden Age and zero Captain Marvel (until now) but this cover always caught my eye. 

00099501570000110342914013.jpg

:applause:Well done sir!