• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

Amazed at how high that Vampi #1 CGC 9.2 closed at.  You can toss out the guide on that one. 

I believe it was 3600 . If a Boardie won it, please show us !  

I’ve got one reasonably serious bid out in hopes of making a better value on shipping. May also try to bottom feed a bit, but at first glance I didn’t see any screaming values that interested me. 

I put 52 books in this one, you guys aren't bidding enough! lol

Made a couple of feeble bids last night.  One surprised me a bit just because I thought it was a realistic bid on a book no-one would care about, but I was outbid on.  Might try a little harder tonight :)

I just received an offer, through Clink, of a book I just won in auction. Just curious what you guys think. Roughly, it was a 200.00 book that I would net 20.00, so 10%. I turned it down with a vengeance. First off, what the heck is 20.00 nowadays, maybe lunch ? I can understand a low ball offer on a book for sale but he is approaching me. Crazy.

12 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I just received an offer, through Clink, of a book I just won in auction. Just curious what you guys think. Roughly, it was a 200.00 book that I would net 20.00, so 10%. I turned it down with a vengeance. First off, what the heck is 20.00 nowadays, maybe lunch ? I can understand a low ball offer on a book for sale but he is approaching me. Crazy.

I didn’t know they did that. I’d think if someone were going to do that they’d bring their A game, and a 10% premium is not going to cut it. 

Just now, mysterio said:

I didn’t know they did that. I’d think if someone were going to do that they’d bring their A game, and a 10% premium is not going to cut it. 

Thanks for the validation. This has happened to me a couple times in the past but in both cases the offer was more than double the purchase price. One was like a 350.00 offer on a 150.00 book and the other was something like 250.00 on a 100.00 book. To even bother with a 10% offer seems ridiculous.

Skipping weekends makes these larger auctions take forever. I’m not sure why they think that Friday nights are somehow better for bidder attention than Saturday or Sunday, seems to me if they’re going to skip a day it’d be Friday...

11 hours ago, mysterio said:

Skipping weekends makes these larger auctions take forever. I’m not sure why they think that Friday nights are somehow better for bidder attention than Saturday or Sunday, seems to me if they’re going to skip a day it’d be Friday...

I  agree.  Sunday nights aren't just for 60 Minutes anymore.