• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
6 6

673 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 8:25 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Early art from Travis Charest.

He got much, much better.

I dont care if he came better, the guy killed the first appearence of Azrael with anti anatomical art...

On 11/9/2023 at 2:25 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Early art from Travis Charest.

He got much, much better.

Yes, was coming to post the same thing, it's insane what a leap he took in ability in a relatively short timespan. The first time I really noticed his evolution was on the Alan Moore WildC.A.T.s run, and he's been killing it ever since.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, F For Fake said:

Yes, was coming to post the same thing, it's insane what a leap he took in ability in a relatively short timespan. The first time I really noticed his evolution was on the Alan Moore WildC.A.T.s run, and he's been killing it ever since.

The resources an artist has access to along with input from the veterans once you get your foot in the door is invaluable in a lot of cases

On 11/9/2023 at 11:45 PM, 1950's war comics said:

it is a Marvel parody cover drawn by someone but there are many a DC books with covers just like that

Yeah i remember when it was happen to the flash doh!

On 11/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, Semicentennial said:

1st appearance of Azrael is Batman: Sword of Azrael #1, Batman 489 is the first Jean-Paul Valley as Batman.

I dont care if he came better, the guy killed the first appearence of Jean Paul Valey as Batman with anti anatomical art... lol

On 11/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, BA773 said:

1097395.jpg.75d2a4fd66c705373b36d66bb553c1ee.jpg

Dont ask me how i found it...doh!

A Greg Horn or Greg Land cover is an easy pick for a thread like this. No great mystery.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

image.png.f5626e601f8c853e9e41ff7d4f973b8c.png

As much as I like Kirby, the late period stuff isn’t great.

Reminds me of this….

691869.jpg