• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
5 5

598 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2024 at 10:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Anyway it was an honest question but might have been a tangent. I haven't seen many collectors of him, maybe not a lot of his posts in the thread. Was just looking for a frame of reference since I got Moon Knight recently by him.

All I really "knew" of him was the new mutant issues and as a kid those weirded me outlol

The Moon Knight looks decent and I can see the New Mutants being appreciated. Just didn't know Bill's history. :)

I’m sure he polarises opinion, and different readers have different tolerance thresholds for his increasing level of stylisation.  I’m fairly similar to you, okay up until the end of his Moon Knight period.  Elektra Assassin and his Daredevil Marvel Graphic Novel were where it got a bit too much for me.

On 1/14/2024 at 5:00 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I’m sure he polarises opinion, and different readers have different tolerance thresholds for his increasing level of stylisation.  I’m fairly similar to you, okay up until the end of his Moon Knight period.  Elektra Assassin and his Daredevil Marvel Graphic Novel were where it got a bit too much for me.

Appreciated! By and by, I saw when he had sketch opportunities within the past couple of years at cgc.

The ones obtained and posted on the boards to see echoed the same,  although some of the Electra were still nice and the ones mentioned ie Moon Knight would be a "go to" for being well done imo. I liked those the best  :)

Glad it's a shared opinion! @Ken Aldred 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/31/2024 at 10:39 AM, godzilla43 said:

4361581.jpg

Fantagraphics, so it might have a small press, indie feel going for it.

Nonetheless, there's no excuse for bad photo referencing.

On 2/1/2024 at 1:14 AM, Sal said:

He needs to give Kevin royalties then. Lol.

It is quite similar, very blocky, angular art. Easy to confuse at first glance.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/1/2024 at 12:07 AM, SpineTic said:

Can someone please explain what's going on here?

423327095_122144373206036629_569725273321640449_n.jpg.88d22f86d2e9573f4cbbfcbce0288820.jpg

Batman is sitting on Supes and at the same time cradling from underneath while Supes is actually carrying Batman...basically carrying each other.

Either that or some pretty wild homoerotic fantasy being expressed by the artist (shrug)

On 2/1/2024 at 8:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Looks like someone trying out the  AI sketch service.

I wonder what the query would have been. That's a lot of different inputs to parse

On 2/1/2024 at 9:31 PM, Sal said:

I wonder what the query would have been. That's a lot of different inputs to parse

Considering how some of them are it was probably just a " Draw Batman carrying Superman." 

Those AI programs love to add extra appendages. 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Cat said:

C'mon, that's worse than any Liefeld. 

Such dainty-looking feet.

Perhaps better if hidden.

Edited by Ken Aldred