• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

I can't speak for 1917. Only what I've been following.

1917 has had limiting showing.

Also IMDB has a review date on every review so again. As you can see the first 2 Star Wars reviews starts on the 16th after the premiere

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527338/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=asc&ratingFilter=0

Edited by Rip

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Also IMDB has a review date on every review so again. As you can see the first few Star Wars reviews starts on the 16th after the premiere

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527338/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=asc&ratingFilter=0

Not that many getting a pre-screening before release. That would seem to be reasonable if they did an early release showing like was done with Aquaman two weeks in advance that allowed for thousands to see it.

4 minutes ago, Rip said:

Also IMDB has a review date on every review so again. As you can see the first few Star Wars reviews starts on the 16th after the premiere

Ok.  But the IMDB 6.9 seems to fall in line with the Critic reviews on RT and Metacritic, as well at the Cinemascore, and to a lesser extent the Metacritic audience score.  The RT audience is still the outlier. 

Edited by drotto

Just now, drotto said:

Ok.  But the IMBD 6.9 seems to fall in line with the Critic reviews on RT and Metacritic, as well at the Cinemascore, and to a lesser extent the Metacritic audience score.  The RT audience is still the outlier. 

Exactly! Putting all the data together, you see the outliers much easier.

DC_MCU_BO191221a.thumb.PNG.7dbee9c02ec3951d2a0048353f37e942.PNG

Sorry, but this appears to be obvious manipulation. Just like what was done to The Last Jedi to trip that film up with negative audience scores. Which combined with Captain Marvel led to Fandango/Rotten Tomatoes changing its audience rating practices.

So again Star Wars has dates on every review, looks like they pulled some early ones on Wed. and they start after the opening on the 16. 2 that day, 5 on the 17th and the rest on the 19th. So this basically confirms what I've been saying about IMDB.

Edited by Rip

1917 reviews are likely legit also as they started with limited release on the 4th. As you can double check by looking at the voting dates on every review just like Star Wars.

Edited by Rip

6 minutes ago, Rip said:

So again Star Wars has dates on every review, looks like they pulled some early ones on Wed. and they start after the opening on the 16. 2 that day, 5 on the 17th and the rest on the 19th. So this basically confirms what I've been saying about IMDB.

Either way, there is the appearance of data manipulation going on. Even when adding the IMDb reference point now. 6.9/10 would be a 69% positive rating. :foryou:

DC_MCU_BO191221c.thumb.PNG.d8f3ffb0634949f2bb0b3f5d5453d86c.PNG

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

1917 reviews are likely legit also as they started with limited release on the 6th. As you can double check by looking at the voting dates on every review just like Star Wars.

:gossip: Release schedule was posted above for 1917. One limited showing in the UK. :foryou:

I'm willing to bet its may partly be due to the voting mentality over there. Its a reactionary site that a lot of times likes to buck the trend and believe all the professional reviewers are "Shills"

Some people I'm sure are voting up because the movie clearly listened to those spammers and gives Rian Johnson the shaft.

Never mind the quality of the movie.

Thats just a guess. But Its clear this one doesn't have a negative vote stuffing campaign yet so I guess that says something in itself.

19 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I really have zero interest in this movie and it’s existing characters 

when Luke died my interest died

and @Buzzetta is wrong - the Jedis don’t get grumpy when they are old and that war is not the answer - they were that way because they had lost to the empire and one of their own had been the reason for it

Obi Wan wasn’t grumpy in fact he was hopeful that Luke would be enough to turn the tide

luke was always whiny yeah that was true but he’s also hopeful that he can change his father at the end 

7E3DBB88-70A1-43E5-9BBC-66E25A915408.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rip said:

I'm willing to bet its may partly be due to the voting mentality over there. Its a reactionary site that a lot of times likes to buck the trend and believe all the professional reviewers are "Shills"

Some people I'm sure are voting up because the movie clearly listened to those spammers and gives Rian Johnson the shaft.

Never mind the quality of the movie.

Thats just a guess. But Its clear this one doesn't have a negative vote stuffing campaign yet so I guess that says something in itself.

Amen to that! People playing games like this is BS to manipulate general audiences deciding on seeing a film or not based on other people's opinions.

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:gossip: Release schedule was posted above for 1917. One limited showing in the UK. :foryou:

This is incomplete. NYC crtitics' screening was Nov. 23. The Hollywood premiere / advance screening took place on Dec. 17. Toronto held an advance screening on Dec. 18. It's been around.

40 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

This is incomplete. NYC crtitics' screening was Nov. 23. The Hollywood premiere / advance screening took place on Dec. 17. Toronto held an advance screening on Dec. 18. It's been around.

Uh-huh. Meanwhile, IMDb starts collecting user feedback data before a film releases, which is why it starts reporting Popularity Trending.

WW84.PNG.98badb78d7410fa169a69d3010e1e57f.PNG

And just before a film is officially released on a wide scale, it starts reflecting such feedback.

LittleWomen01.PNG.efa339dbb4fb031fe9327f104301f60a.PNG

< 1,000 seems more reasonable with limited screenings than > 1,000. Other than films like Joker that were screened at multiple film festivals in advance.

Joker01.PNG.ee71c71baeab8f74f19f91c2d0aa9624.PNG

You remember Joker - right? :baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you know user feedback/early trending doesn't have anything to do with Wonder Woman voting.

You can't vote on Wonder Woman yet. Little Women you can because of limited showings.

Popularity Trending is determined this early by things like bookmarking and page views.

EVERY VOTE has a date next to it THE DAY it was casted. Get it?

So if I look at 1917 I can see the first person saw on or before the 4th of December after he saw it.

5 people voted that day.

3 people voted on the 5th

2 people voted on the 6th

2 people voted on the 12th

Get it?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=asc&ratingFilter=0

Edited by Rip

53 minutes ago, Rip said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you know user feedback/early trending doesn't have anything to do with Wonder Woman voting.

You can't vote on Wonder Woman yet. Little Women you can because of limited showings.

Popularity Trending is determined this early by things like bookmarking and page views.

EVERY VOTE has a date next to it THE DAY it was casted. Get it?

So if I look at 1917 I can see the first person saw on or before the 4th of December after he saw it.

5 people voted that day.

3 people voted on the 5th

2 people voted on the 6th

2 people voted on the 12th

Get it?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=asc&ratingFilter=0

I think you need to get it, as this seems really important to you. Here's an example to maybe help you get it.

I am an IMDb member. I have voted on films in advance to indicate I am excited to see them. So right now if I wanted to, I can enter a rating on '1917' without even seeing the film that is due out on December 25, 2019.

1917a.PNG.913c30619f3e32dfb7cfd4197476aa96.PNG

My rating would go right into all those other user ratings currently listed, with no indication whether I am rating this based on did I see the film or am I just excited to see it.

Get it? :foryou:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I think you need to get it, as this seems really important to you. Here's an example to maybe help you get it.

I am an IMDb member. I have voted on films in advance to indicate I am excited to see them. So right now if I wanted to, I can enter a rating on '1917' without even seeing the film that is due out on December 25, 2019.

1917a.PNG.913c30619f3e32dfb7cfd4197476aa96.PNG

My rating would go right into all those other user ratings currently listed, with no indication whether I am rating this based on did I see the film or am I just excited to see it.

Get it? :foryou:

So am I.

Thats Correct, thats because they opening the voting. Again goes perfectly with what Im saying.